Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer boot/video problems  (Read 2046 times)

jf78

Topic Starter

Starter

computer boot/video problems
    « on: April 10, 2009, 02:40:08 PM »
    OK a little background to this problem so brace yourself. I got a computer for free from a friend who reported it as not booting. I checked and found it was the power supply, so i ordered a new one a few days ago. But on the way home i ran into some problems, i live 1/4 miles back in the woods only accessible by a dirt road witch is currently a mud road. i was also bringing groceries in so i loaded up a sled with the computer well by the time i hit home some mud had seeped into the sled and ran into the ports on the back such as modem, intergrated video port, and the mouse/keyboard ports. i took the entire thing apart cleaning each component by hand individualy and, as much as i didn't want to, i had to flush out the ports with distilled water. i let it dry under a box fan for around 30 hours. today i received the power supply and after checking the motherboard and finding it was all dry i put it all back togeather, now the problems start. I plugged everything in and pressed the power button, Nothing... i unplug the P1 connector from the motherboard and when i plugged it back in the power light came on but nothing else then when i press the power button everything boots up but no video....any thoughts now that my hands hurt lol?

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: computer boot/video problems
    « Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 10:17:36 AM »
    Did you wash the ports on the motherboard with distilled water? If so, did you remove the CMOS battery before doing so?

Have you made sure everything is in the right place and everything is connected properly?

Might help to know what model number the computer is.