Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Highlight text working intermittently in IE  (Read 3585 times)

Ren920

Highlight text working intermittently in IE
« on: April 26, 2009, 10:44:01 AM »
Hi all,
Not sure why, but for some reason I am not able to highlight text on web pages in IE8. It does work eventually, or ocassionally, after I click and click. I am unable to focus in on the text i want, though. If I click and click, some text will eventually highlight but not necessarily what I want. I switched out mouse, so that's not it. I went from IE 7 to IE 8, same problem. It's a fairly new problem, and was not occurring before.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Highlight text working intermittently in IE
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 08:49:04 AM »
Does "click and click" simply mean double click or what?  If you mean double click, I think you should say that; don't say click and click. 

What I see with both Firefox and IE is that a double click will highlight, i.e. select, a word.  Clicking a third time will will select the paragraph in which that word is located.  The speed of clicking is a key factor is getting this to work right.  And, of course, you can change mouse settings that will affect this by accessing the control panel for mouse settings.

When you "switched out mouse", did you install the software/driver for the new mouse?

By the way, I recently tried IE 8 in my Win XP system but quickly removed it.  It was sluggish, compared to IE 7.