Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP MY COMPUTER HAS BLACK SCREEN AFTER WINDOWS XP START UP  (Read 4368 times)

mrwill

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Hello everyone, well before my computer messed up I got this error message-WSCNTFY.EXE APPLICATION ERROR The instruction at "0x80000009" Referenced memory at "0x80000009" and everytime I would get on the internet or anything else it would just kick me right off. So I just held down the power button and when I pressed the power on again, the windows xp sign comes up with the green loading bar comming up, but then the screen goes black and all I see is the mouse cursor. The only thing that i am able to do is enter into the setup menu which I really do not understand. Please help if anyone can!!!!!! this is my wife's computer and she needs to comlete her home work.   Thank you so much and God bless

Mulreay

Re: PLEASE HELP MY COMPUTER HAS BLACK SCREEN AFTER WINDOWS XP START UP
    « Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 03:50:16 PM »
    Do you have a back up disk? And can you please provide more info on your system.. Thanks

mrwill

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 06:32:46 AM »
      no back up disk and it is an intel panteum processor 2000 megahertz. but  i am not even sure that a back up disk will work because it just goes black after the xp intro screen. thank you so much please help!!!!!!!

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 06:35:52 AM »
      Will it boot into safe mode ? ?
      Tap F8 rapidly on power up and before you see the Windows splash screen...let it load all the way.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

mrwill

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 06:37:36 AM »
        Thank you I will try that now hold on

mrwill

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 06:42:24 AM »
          yes! f8 worked! now which option should I choose

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 09:14:57 AM »
          Safe mode with networking...
          Then check in Device Manager to see if you have any Yellow !'s or ?'s...
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Broni

Mastermind
          • Kraków my love :)
            • Computer Help Forum
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 10:05:01 AM »
          Also, search your computer for wscntfy.exe, and post its location(s).

mrwill

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 02:25:11 PM »
            ok. now so far I tried safe mode with networking as well as the other safe mode but nothing came up. I see the safe mode in all four corners of the screen but and the screen is still black I do not know what to do!!!!  :(
             :

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
              • Experience: Expert
              « Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 02:45:08 PM »
              Do you have the Genuine Windows CD to reinstall if necessary?

Alan <><  :D
              I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

Broni

Mastermind
              • Kraków my love :)
                • Computer Help Forum
              • Computer: Specs
              • Experience: Experienced
              « Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 02:57:23 PM »
              1. If you have Windows CD, follow the steps from here: http://icrontic.com/articles/repair_windows_xp

2. If you don't have Windows CD...
              Download Windows Recovery Console: http://www.thecomputerparamedic.com/files/rc.iso
              Download, and install free Imgburn: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
              Using Imgburn, burn rc.iso to a CD.
              Boot to the CD...let it finish loading.
              When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
              Then, follow the steps from here: http://icrontic.com/articles/repair_windows_xp, starting below this picture on page 1:

mrwill

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2009, 06:38:50 AM »
                Thank you for all the help I am going to try what you said, but thank you all so much . I will do it later on today and tal back with you all soon. this site is the best