Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: AVG 8.5 Resident Shield Quarentined two trojans  (Read 3487 times)

tpolcha

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    AVG 8.5 Resident Shield Quarentined two trojans
    « on: May 03, 2009, 09:28:25 PM »
    I can't find them, where did they go? 

Older Gateway HP Pavillion Windows XP Home v 5.1.26
    Service PAck 3
    128 MB RAM
    Windows Explorer 8

I always follow your 'read me first' thread.

Problems several:

Outlook Express auto asked me to Q two trojans, I didnt write them down before I OK'd it.

Open up an Outlook Express 6 email text and the print function popup automatically appears.

One trusted persons text email attachments always comes to me in a .eml format.  Only notepad tries to open it up.  (I deleted OpenOffice.org)  If there is a picture in the email you can't see it, it turns it into 0's and ones type.

I can't use youtube; evertime I open it I get the "You don't have the latest Flash Player".  I've deleted what Adobe I had and tried to reinstall. 

Malwarebytes does not work anymore.  Won't startup, one of the error msg's: Error Load Data Base-Line # 67253.(0)

Super Anti-SPyware ran--No defects to report
    MBAM doesn't work anymore.
    HJT Log posted

Thanks

Tom

I forgot to mention another problem with AVG, At any given pc start up, the email scanner is turned off. Something is turning it off.  I just opened the overiew in AVG an it says's, " There are no active components".  All the components are missing as if AVG doesn't exist anymore.

Am I doing somthing wrong?

[attachment deleted by admin]
    « Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 08:00:18 AM by tpolcha »

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: AVG 8.5 Resident Shield Quarentined two trojans
    « Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 12:51:18 PM »
    What's happening when you attempt to run MBAM? Have you also tried running this from Safe Mode?
    Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein

tpolcha

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      « Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 09:22:46 AM »
      Thanks for replying CH Admin Guru.  I was wondering if I'd done something wrong applying for your expertise--I thought I was being ignored for doing something wrong with my request.  That hasn't yet ever happened before.  Again thanks.

I was using the HJT Process Tool when either it's time to go to work or the machine turned into a snail.

As for your questions (2):

1.  I still get the same error msg in my first thread attempting to bring up MBAM; "Error Loading Database. Line#62567. (0)."

2.  For some reason I cannot successfully restart my PC in safe mode.  It just ignores my F8 tapping, no sounds I just slowly eventually restart.

Additional symptoms of PC activity.  Running real slow during start up and after start for three days now.  I finally got back on line after shutting down 3x times trying safe mode and things are working (as for this moment) somewhat smoothly.

Are these signs of pending disk and even RAM failure.

Did anything look suspect in my HJT log, you didn't mention anything yet?

Thanks again,

Tom 

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Computer Hope
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 12:49:57 PM »
      Your HijackThis log looked fine from what I can see. I also tried searching for the error you are getting with MBAM and couldn't come up with anything so not exactly sure what's causing that error.

This could potentially be a disk or RAM error. However, based off your description of your issue I'd tend to believe that it's more likely a software issue. If you still are unable to get into Windows Safe Mode you may just want to erase the hard disk drive and re-install Windows with the CD that came with your computer.

Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
      -Albert Einstein