Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer won't start up fully  (Read 2098 times)

firekittin

Topic Starter

computer won't start up fully
    « on: May 06, 2009, 09:24:01 PM »
    Hi i just unplugged my puter and moved it over now when i try to start it up it tries to start but stops and asks me to chose safe mode or most recent config.doesn't matter which one i press it counts down 20 seconds and starts with the same thing over and over like it's stuck...help!and yes it was unplugged without being shut down properly i pulling the wrond cord out oops :P

JJ 3000

Egghead
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: computer won't start up fully
    « Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 09:50:01 PM »
    At the screen that asks you to choose safe mode or last known good configuration etc.. Select disable restarts on automatic system failures. Then when you start up again you will be able to see a blue screen with an error message. Post back with the info from that screen.

Do you have your windows CD?
    Save a Life!
    Adopt a homeless pet.
    http://www.petfinder.com/

firekittin

Topic Starter

Re: computer won't start up fully
      « Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 10:29:08 PM »
      i am very puter stupid havn't a clue what to press to get to the disable start thing it isn't one of the options on here unless it's in boot start up thingy i think i will just have to give up and take it in before i screw something up cuz no i don't have a windows cd it was bought second hand they loaded it on..thanks anyway!!