Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Some websites don't seem to load right or at all  (Read 13094 times)

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
  • Experience: Familiar
Some websites don't seem to load right or at all
« on: May 07, 2009, 11:17:54 AM »
Not sure what is wrong. I have so many problems with sites not wanting to load at all or sometimes when they load, like Kookeys website is one I'm having alot of problems with, it has like a plain dark blue section in the middle of the screen.
The url for the site is www.kookeys.com
Sometimes I get as far as a page that just keeps saying Loading...This may take a few moments-- but it will be worth the wait!
I tried to contact the people at the site and I don't think they even read my email because of the response I got back. I think they just sent out one of those form letters that they send to anyone who writes.
I've tried so many things like clearing the cache, cookies, all that stuff.

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Some websites don't seem to load right or at all
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 07:37:29 PM »
Why is it in Web design section?

What browser, version do you use?
Did you try different browser?

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 08:44:10 PM »
Mozilla the newest version my mom downloaded it on her computer not long ago. Her Internet Explorer doesn't work anymore due to hacking messing it up and we don't know how to fix it.
I can't get the site to work right on my computer either and just got rid of Mozilla on my computer due to it getting hacked. So, I have the latest version of Internet Explorer on my computer same version my mom has on hers.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Computer Help Forum
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 08:50:58 PM »
The site works perfectly fine on my Firefox.
Check your Flash installation: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 11:43:23 PM »
Shockwave seems to be working. Other sites I go to like Webkinz uses it and seems to work there ok.
It says Installation Complete when I go to the site you put.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Computer Help Forum
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 11:47:57 PM »
When you hover the mouse over "See" button, can you see animation in both cases (Flash, and Shockwave)?

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 10:39:29 AM »
Is something suppose to be actually moving or show up words? When I put the mouse over the See button on the top one it says at the top Installation complete and then in the box itself it says See Director and Shockwave Content Showcase.
Then on the bottom one the it also says Installation compete and in the box it says See Macromedia Flash Showcase.
The only other thing I notice is a create button on both, but if I put the mouse over create, one of the icons it says buy. So, like we would need to buy something?

Broni

Mastermind
    • Computer Help Forum
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 01:13:05 PM »
Can you play videos on Youtube?

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 05:09:57 PM »
Yes

Broni

Mastermind
    • Computer Help Forum
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 05:32:16 PM »

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 09:38:03 PM »
Not sure why it is working again. We did get a different version of Flashplayer right before it started working because of another site I go on to play games Candystand that stopped working and had a message about getting Flashplayer 10.
Since this is my mom's computer one thing is I have to wait until she is around until I change anything. She doesn't understand computer stuff to good and due to all the problems we keep having with bad advice people given us in the past, gets scared that changing things will cause more problems and stuff. Like some lady at Compaq said to do an FDisk and that it wouldn't erase anything, and it did erase all my stuff. I had asked her several times do I need to back things up and she kept saying no.
We both have Dell computers though now, and our isp is Bellsouth which is now At&t.

Also, what are all the numbers in the address? How exactly did you find those numbers? I'd like to understand all this computer stuff better. I really enjoy using the computer. Due to my health I have alot of disablities and can't get out of the house much. So, helps me to have something to do.
When I try to go there it changes to this in the address bar http://kookeys.com/index2.htm

I also was wondering, how exactly do I backup stuff from my sites on like Kookeys and Webkinz? Like pictures of my rooms and stuff?

Broni

Mastermind
    • Computer Help Forum
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 09:56:03 PM »
Good news then :)

I also was wondering, how exactly do I backup stuff from my sites on like Kookeys and Webkinz? Like pictures of my rooms and stuff?
I have no clue. Do they have any forum, you can ask?

Also, what are all the numbers in the address? How exactly did you find those numbers?
Internet works by numbers. Every site has an IP address (numeric address), which looks like 70.84.166.196. Then your computer translates those numbers to words: http://70.84.166.196 to http://www.kookeys.com
There are different ways to find web page numeric address. I use Firefox add-on, ShowIP: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/590

x2543

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 10:46:27 PM »
if nobody's mentioned already, try resetting internet explorer ....... i don't remember about ie6 since that's really old, but you can do it for ie7 or ie8 if you're onto that.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 11:27:31 PM »
so are we suppose to go to websites by typing in their ip address  then? I don't know any of them. I thought we just type in the url like www.kookeys.com
or www.webkinz.com
www.computerhope.com
is how I always get to websites. I have no idea how to find out ip addresses. Where do you click to find it?

How would we reset Internet Explorer? Are there some instructions on how to do that?
If we reset it, do we have to do anything else like setup our ISP stuff again somehow?

Broni

Mastermind
    • Computer Help Forum
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 11:38:26 PM »
I thought we just type in the url like www.kookeys.com
or www.webkinz.com
www.computerhope.com
is how I always get to websites.
Yes, you want to use numeric address only for troubleshooting purposes. Normally, you don't have to worry about it. Computer does it for you.

I explained in my previous reply how to find out web site's IP address.
Another way is to use "ping" command, by using cmd:

or, go to: http://whois.domaintools.com/, type in www.google.com, and it'll tell you what IP address is.