Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Pre Game video Problems  (Read 4349 times)

will Preston

Pre Game video Problems
« on: May 14, 2005, 09:46:38 AM »
When attempting to load Command and Conqueror Generals the pre game video (EA GAMES bit) stutters and then plays about 1 second a minute. When it finishes playing the video it stops and will not move onto the next screen. I am using a Nvidia Geforce 3 ti 200 64 Mb, have the latest drivers and direct x files. How do I fix this problem? Thanks Will

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Pre Game video Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 10:28:24 AM »
Is the game compatible with your system? How much RAM are you using? Which operating system?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Wil Preston

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 11:02:44 AM »
It is compatible with my system as I have played it on this computer before.  I am using 512MB of RAM and I am using XP. Thanks

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 09:16:46 PM »
Well.... If it played fine before, but won;t now, then there must have been somehting changed in your system to cause this reaction... Have you made any changes since the last time you played?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Will Preston

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 04:17:57 AM »
I have reformated the PC since last time I have played it.  I have all the lastest drivers and it should work.

However when I go to the windows update page it tells me that I need to install

Microsoft Corporation - Video - NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 200
Date last published: 5/16/2004

Nevertheless when I do so the computer takes ages to load up and usally shutdowns randoly when loading the taskbar programs after I have logged in.  

However when the computer does eventually load up and does not shutdown the pregame videos load up.

At the moment I have the current Nvidia drivers downloaded off their website.  With these drivers teh computer loads up normally and does not shutdown when logging in.

Ideally I would want the pre game videos to work with the current drivers so that I do not have to wait ages for the computer to load only for it to shutdown when I log in.

Any ideas how to get this to happen?
Thanks for the help so far!

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #5 on: May 15, 2005, 04:51:05 PM »
    Try the game site first for patches & fixes, if that fails go back to nvidia and check the older drivers, there is/was a link there for them. Start working back & see if you can find one that does it all for you until the game site or nvidia fixes the problem.
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html
    « Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 05:00:20 PM by Fed »

Will Preston

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2005, 04:23:32 PM »
    Unfortunately that has not worked either  :-X !!! Any suggstions

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
    « Reply #7 on: May 30, 2005, 04:32:00 PM »
    In that case, this is a compatibility issue... Is your system meet or beat the requirements for the game?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Raptor

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2005, 06:33:14 AM »
    Red Alert: C&C is quite demanding when it comes to system specifications. Especially the start menu.

You may have lowered your graphic settings in Red Alert: C&C before formatting and have forgotten to do so now.