Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: my Asus pro 55 core2duo laptops stuck while running...helppppp  (Read 5508 times)

pharaz

Topic Starter

Respected Audience,

I have an ASUS pro55  core 2 duo laptop with windows vista installed in it. I bought it some 4 months back and for couple of months it ran flawlessly. Lately I have got some problem which is that while my PC is running it stucks suddenly. Like everything on my screen just jams and nothing works. The only thing I could do is shutdown using the button. This way I lose all my important data. Was just wondering if any one could help me troubleshoot it. Is it a harware problem or Windows problem or some deadly virus that my anti-virus doesnt detects???

regards

Pharaz

midsail

Hopeful
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: my Asus pro 55 core2duo laptops stuck while running...helppppp
      « Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 06:25:26 PM »
      How much RAM do u have? There r a couple of possibilities? Over heating, lack of RAM, r the first to come to mind. Try doing a check disk.  My Computer>C:>right click>property>check disk. Select both options and reboot. 

pharaz

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 06:02:00 PM »
        Dear Sir,

Thanks for the reply. The ram of my laptop is 4 GB and is quite latest in the series. I have performed *censored* checks and anti virus scans but there wasnt any problem with that I guess. I also think that overheating is the problem. But what do you recommend in this case. Can I do something like claiming warranty and stuff.
        regards

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 06:14:25 PM »
        I would backup what data was important and return it for a new machine under warranty...

ASAP
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

midsail

Hopeful
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 05:24:23 AM »
          I agree with patio, since it is under warranty.