Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: One site won't open; error: server is taking too long to respond? Firefox  (Read 3493 times)

RosieNYC

Topic Starter

Hello,
    If anyone can help me, please. I have been able to access a site for over a year, then suddenly last week their server went down for two days, when it came back up, however, I was not able to access this one site at all. The error message: "....net" is taking too long to respond." I am on Firefox. However, others using other software can access that site easily now.
    Tried to download a new browser, IE7, but that just gives me another error message??? error: '/root/Desktop/IE7Setup_G.exe' is not available or fully up to date...???please help and thanks...

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    The problem may be the Internet and you local service provider. Some days things just do not work right.
    But, just to be sure, notice if there seems to be a lot of traffic on your modem or outer even when yum are not doing anything. That could indicate that your system is being used by some background service. Which would be OK if you hd started it. Not OK if you have no idea what it is. :'(

RosieNYC

Topic Starter

There may in fact be a lot of action on my modem..and thanks for your input. But, it's been days and I haven't been able to access for work purposes; any ideas?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      What site ? ?
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "