Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IE8 opens for a milisecond then closes instantly  (Read 7660 times)

BatchFileBasics

Topic Starter

Hopeful

IE8 opens for a milisecond then closes instantly
    « on: May 15, 2009, 09:36:36 PM »
    So i have recently installed internet explorer 8 on my Windows xp professional and it never worked. The previous versions(ie7 and lower) worked perfect and i just wanted to test out the newest one. I cleanly installed it, no errors at all. I restarted my computer but there was no icon on my desktop. so i went to start > run and typed iexplore. which i believe is internet explorer. But it just pops up and closes instantly. I don't believe i have any viruses because i run an avg scan every 2 days and nothing pops up. Greatly appreciate any help. BatchFileBasics
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace - Jimi Hendrix.

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: IE8 opens for a milisecond then closes instantly
    « Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 10:11:00 PM »
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/fastFaqLiteDocument?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=18703&docname=bph07138#N313

Check this out! It's a help list from HP's website! You should try resetting internet explorer 8, and see if it works, but if you still can't get it to work, then maybe stay with IE7.   :)

BatchFileBasics

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 10:27:01 PM »
      http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/fastFaqLiteDocument?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=18703&docname=bph07138#N313

Check this out! It's a help list from HP's website! You should try resetting internet explorer 8, and see if it works, but if you still can't get it to work, then maybe stay with IE7.   :)

well i tried that. its a great way to reset internet explorer, but it didn't help. I guess ill go with ie7.....nah, im sticking with firefox  ;D

Thank you anyways
      When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace - Jimi Hendrix.

2x3i5x

Expert
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 10:32:01 PM »
      well i tried that. its a great way to reset internet explorer, but it didn't help. I guess ill go with ie7.....nah, im sticking with firefox  ;D

Thank you anyways

Well, good choice. Fiefox is a decent browser