Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Fatal System Error c000021a (0xc0000001 0x0010034c) any one have this problem?  (Read 15348 times)

Geeve

Topic Starter

Rookie

My computer has a fatal system error c000021a. It is a vista HP Pavilion and the warranty has expired all but a year ago. The system is a dull bus but is only two years old. I have been having this problem with the blue screen for about nine months now. The computer will just turn it's self off when ever now but before it was when we had downloaded a lot of updates. Now I have noticed that when I run a full computer scan it will not let the virus scan finish and than the computer shuts down, turns it's self off. I turn it on and get the microsoft screen than a black screen telling me that I can chose to fix the computer or run windows normal. I chose to fix it and a blue screen saying this appears:

{Fatal System Error} c000021a
    The initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 (0xc0000001 0x0010034c) The system has been shut down.

After turning off the computer and turning it back on a couple of times I see another blue screen that says dumping physical memory! I then turn it off wait a while turn back on and the computer seems to fix it's self.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Navigate to: C:\Windows\Minidump folder.
    If you see any .dmp files, zip all of them, and attach zipped file to your next reply.

Geeve

Topic Starter

Rookie

ok I have found all the dmp files but am unsure as to how to zip. Do you mean cut and past?

Geeve

Topic Starter

Rookie

Alright so I know how to zip now and the .dmp files you asked for I have found there to be 35 and it dates back to 8-24-08 until now. Unfortunatly when I try to zip them a screen appears saying:

"File not found or no read permission"

There is very private information in these files is there anyway you can walk me through what I am looking for to repair my problem?

~Geeve

Broni

Mastermind
          • Computer Help Forum
        There is no private information in dmp files.

Now, we don't need 35 files. Zip only those from last couple of weeks.
        In Vista, you may need to copy those files, you want to zip, paste them in some other folder, and then try to zip them.

Geeve

Topic Starter

Rookie

I was able to zip one of the dmp files but am having the most difficult time figuring out how to cut and past, drag and drop, copy and past no luck.

Broni

Mastermind
            • Computer Help Forum
          Click on first dmp file.
          Hold SHIFT, and click on last dmp file.
          Now all dmp files are selected (highlighted).
          Hold CTRL, and press C key.
          Now, all dmp files have been copied.
          Go to your desktop, click on any empty space.
          Hold CTRL, and press V key.
          Now you have all dmp files pasted on your desktop.

To zip a file(s)...
          Download, and install 7-zip: http://www.7-zip.org/
          Right click on a file, you want to zip.
          Click 7-zip, then Add to archive.
          Click on drop-down menu, next to Archive format, and select zip format.
          Click OK.
          You'll find zipped file (.zip extension) in the same folder as the original file.

Geeve

Topic Starter

Rookie

How do I get the one dmp file that is ziped on the message post?

Broni

Mastermind
              • Computer Help Forum
            Under "Reply" window, click on "Additional options..." link.

Geeve

Topic Starter

Rookie

ok lets try this one

[attachment deleted by admin]

Broni

Mastermind
                • Computer Help Forum
              Folder is empty.

Geeve

Topic Starter

Rookie

Try this one.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Broni

Mastermind
                  • Computer Help Forum
                Good, this time :)
                Let me take a look.

Broni

Mastermind
                  • Computer Help Forum
                All errors are WINLOGON_FATAL_ERROR @ ntkrpamp.exe
                Pretty unclear error, because there are number of possible reasons: infection, software conflict, system files corrupted, RAM problem.

Let's start with...

Download HijackThis:
                http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/tools/security_tools/hijackthis/download
                by clicking on Download HijackThis Installer
                Install, and run it.
                Post HijackTHis log.
                Do NOT attempt to fix anything!

NOTE. If you're using Vista, right click on HijackThis, and click Run as Administrator

Geeve

Topic Starter

Rookie

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
                  Scan saved at 9:51:44 AM, on 5/20/2009
                  Platform: Windows Vista SP1 (WinNT 6.00.1905)
                  MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
                  Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
                  C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
                  C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
                  C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
                  C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
                  C:\hp\support\hpsysdrv.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\On-Screen OSD Indicator\OSD.exe
                  C:\WINDOWS\RtHDVCpl.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Charter High-Speed Security Suite\Common\FSM32.EXE
                  C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
                  C:\Windows\System32\mobsync.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAAnotif.exe
                  C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\hpwuSchd2.exe
                  C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Charter High-Speed Security Suite\FSGUI\fsguidll.exe
                  C:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Advisor\HPAdvisor.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
                  C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
                  C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
                  C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.exe
                  C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.bin
                  C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Advisor\SSDK04.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Charter High-Speed Security Suite\FSGUI\scanwizard.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbarUser.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Toolbar\wltuser.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
                  C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
                  R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
                  R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=71&bd=Pavilion&pf=desktop
                  R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
                  R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
                  R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
                  R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
                  R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
                  O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
                  O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
                  O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
                  O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
                  O2 - BHO: Search Helper - {6EBF7485-159F-4bff-A14F-B9E3AAC4465B} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\Search Helper\SearchHelper.dll
                  O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
                  O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll
                  O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.1.1309.3572\swg.dll
                  O2 - BHO: Google Dictionary Compression sdch - {C84D72FE-E17D-4195-BB24-76C02E2E7C4E} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\fastsearch_A8904FB862BD9564.dll
                  O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
                  O2 - BHO: Windows Live Toolbar Helper - {E15A8DC0-8516-42A1-81EA-DC94EC1ACF10} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Toolbar\wltcore.dll
                  O2 - BHO: SingleInstance Class - {FDAD4DA1-61A2-4FD8-9C17-86F7AC245081} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\YTSingleInstance.dll
                  O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
                  O3 - Toolbar: &Windows Live Toolbar - {21FA44EF-376D-4D53-9B0F-8A89D3229068} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Toolbar\wltcore.dll
                  O3 - Toolbar: Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\hp\support\hpsysdrv.exe
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OsdMaestro] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\On-Screen OSD Indicator\OSD.exe"
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickFinder Scheduler] "C:\Program Files\WordPerfect Office X3\Programs\QFSCHD130.EXE"
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [F-Secure Manager] "C:\Program Files\Charter High-Speed Security Suite\Common\FSM32.EXE" /splash
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [F-Secure TNB] "C:\Program Files\Charter High-Speed Security Suite\FSGUI\TNBUtil.exe" /CHECKALL /WAITFORSW
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AppleSyncNotifier] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleSyncNotifier.exe
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IAAnotif] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaanotif.exe"
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [spoolsv] "C:\Windows\temp\spoolsv\spoolsv.exe"
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Health Check Scheduler] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\HPHC_Scheduler.exe
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
                  O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Launcher] %WINDIR%\SMINST\launcher.exe
                  O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
                  O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [HPAdvisor] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Advisor\HPAdvisor.exe
                  O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter
                  O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
                  O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
                  O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
                  O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
                  O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
                  O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
                  O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
                  O4 - Startup: Adobe Media Player.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe Media Player\Adobe Media Player.exe
                  O4 - Startup: OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
                  O4 - Startup: OpenOffice.org 3.0.lnk = C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\quickstart.exe
                  O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
                  O8 - Extra context menu item: Open with WordPerfect - C:\Program Files\WordPerfect Office X3\Programs\WPLauncher.hta
                  O9 - Extra button: Parental... - {200DB664-75B5-47c0-8B45-A44ACCF73C00} - C:\Program Files\Charter High-Speed Security Suite\FSPC\fspcmsie.dll
                  O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {200DB664-75B5-47c0-8B45-A44ACCF73F01} - C:\Program Files\Charter High-Speed Security Suite\FSPC\fspcmsie.dll
                  O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Parental... - {200DB664-75B5-47c0-8B45-A44ACCF73F01} - C:\Program Files\Charter High-Speed Security Suite\FSPC\fspcmsie.dll
                  O9 - Extra button: Blog This - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
                  O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &Blog This in Windows Live Writer - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
                  O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
                  O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
                  O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
                  O13 - Gopher Prefix:
                  O16 - DPF: {0CCA191D-13A6-4E29-B746-314DEE697D83} (Facebook Photo Uploader 5 Control) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/2008.10.10_v5.5.8/FacebookPhotoUploader5.cab
                  O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://gfx2.hotmail.com/mail/w3/resources/VistaMSNPUplden-us.cab
                  O16 - DPF: {7FC1B346-83E6-4774-8D20-1A6B09B0E737} (Windows Live Photo Upload Control) - http://cid-44e14434e4f41237.spaces.live.com/PhotoUpload/VistaMsnPUplden-us.cab
                  O18 - Filter: x-sdch - {B1759355-3EEC-4C1E-B0F1-B719FE26E377} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\fastsearch_A8904FB862BD9564.dll
                  O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
                  O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
                  O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Unknown owner - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe (file missing)
                  O23 - Service: FSGKHS (F-Secure Gatekeeper Handler Starter) - F-Secure Corporation - C:\Program Files\Charter High-Speed Security Suite\Anti-Virus\fsgk32st.exe
                  O23 - Service: F-Secure Automatic Update Agent (FSAUA) - F-Secure Corporation - C:\Program Files\Charter High-Speed Security Suite\FSAUA\program\fsaua.exe
                  O23 - Service: F-Secure Anti-Virus Firewall Daemon (FSDFWD) - F-Secure Corporation - C:\Program Files\Charter High-Speed Security Suite\FWES\Program\fsdfwd.exe
                  O23 - Service: FSMA - F-Secure Corporation - C:\Program Files\Charter High-Speed Security Suite\Common\FSMA32.EXE
                  O23 - Service: F-Secure ORSP Client (FSORSPClient) - F-Secure Corporation - C:\Program Files\Charter High-Speed Security Suite\ORSP Client\fsorsp.exe
                  O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
                  O23 - Service: HP Health Check Service - Hewlett-Packard - c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\hphc_service.exe
                  O23 - Service: Intel(R) Matrix Storage Event Monitor (IAANTMON) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaantmon.exe
                  O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
                  O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
                  O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - c:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
                  O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
                  O23 - Service: ProtexisLicensing - Unknown owner - c:\Windows\system32\PSIService.exe
                  O23 - Service: RoxMediaDB9 - Sonic Solutions - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB9.exe
                  O23 - Service: stllssvr - MicroVision Development, Inc. - c:\Program Files\Common Files\SureThing Shared\stllssvr.exe
                  O23 - Service: Yahoo! Updater (YahooAUService) - Yahoo! Inc. - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\SoftwareUpdate\YahooAUService.exe

--
                  End of file - 12379 bytes