Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: hp laptop turns on but screen is blank  (Read 5251 times)

petenwlk

Topic Starter

Rookie

hp laptop turns on but screen is blank
    « on: May 25, 2009, 11:52:59 PM »
    my laptop was working fine till this morning when i tried to boot it up. The screen is blank and the laptop keeps on loading the drives pauses and starts loading it up again.. Any ideas? thx
    See, the human mind is kind of like ... a pinata. When it breaks open, there's a lot of surprises inside. Once you get the pinata perspective, you see that losing your mind can be a peak experience.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: hp laptop turns on but screen is blank
    « Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 11:57:02 PM »
    We need more information. Please look here: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,33586.html

petenwlk

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 12:01:47 AM »
      hp laptop bout 2yrs old , windows vista...thats all the info i have on it...at work at the moment and dont have the specs on hand :(
      See, the human mind is kind of like ... a pinata. When it breaks open, there's a lot of surprises inside. Once you get the pinata perspective, you see that losing your mind can be a peak experience.

petenwlk

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 09:21:40 PM »
        hp pavillon dv6000 laptop,thats all i can get without getting into windows.. I found a forum that sugested to take out the battery and hold down the power button for a min then put the battery back in.. It worked for alot of peoples but not for I.. If anybody has any ideas please tell....thx

iamtonsoffun247

Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 10:06:10 PM »
          Does anything ever load on the screen? IS there an HP splash screen that ever appears?

petenwlk

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 10:22:01 PM »
            nope just blank..you can hear the harddrive and the lcd lights on board light for a minute then they blink out then turn back on..

pigpen

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 11:02:45 PM »
              Bump: mine is doing the exact same thing, don't know what to do....

Quantos

Guru
              • Veni, Vidi, Vici
                • Yes
                • Yes
              • Computer: Specs
              • Experience: Guru
              « Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 11:19:52 PM »
              pigpen, please start a new thread, do not hijack someone elses topic.

We are happy to help you, but it gets very confusing when we need to support two people in at once.
              Evil is an exact science.

Mulreay

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 11:47:32 PM »
              nope just blank..you can hear the harddrive and the lcd lights on board light for a minute then they blink out then turn back on..

How is your battery (power supply). I know it seems basic but lets start from the begining.