Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: overheating laptop  (Read 1641 times)

ricky818

overheating laptop
« on: May 29, 2009, 03:47:15 PM »
Hello there hope somebody can help i have a laptop that over heats i have taken it apart and the fan works fine cleaned the dust it last about a hour then BLUE screen of death leave for a day try again works fine for a hour dies again it gets so hot it burns your legs is there anything i can do would changing the heatsink getting new paste work..?

TheHoFL

Intermediate

Re: overheating laptop
    « Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 04:55:01 PM »
    When you are using the laptop do you have it sitting on your legs. Maybe you should try getting a laptop "board". My laptop recently died and i am pretty sure it was because my wife never let it get proper air flow, due to it sitting on her legs.

Anyway. I would say try to get a flat surface. There are laptop "stands" that are mesh metal on the top to allow maximum air flow. Newegg had a nice one a while back.

HoFL
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them.  - Walt Disney

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: overheating laptop
    « Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 05:41:10 PM »
    I agree.  I got a laptop cooler I will sell for $50 if interested.  But just set it on the table or even put a book on your lap then put the laptop on your lap