Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Filing emails by date from Outlok 2003  (Read 2106 times)

JIMP

Topic Starter

Filing emails by date from Outlok 2003
    « on: June 04, 2009, 09:32:53 PM »
    Hi, Every month I save my emails to a folder on my hard disk by copying and pasting to that folder.  When they are pasted they file by subject line.  I want to file them by date. At the moment if I want to do that I have to go into the subject line while they are still sitting in Outlook and type in the date then I can copy and paste them to the folder by date.  Needless to say that is very time consuming. Is there another way I can file them to disk by date?  Hope someone can help.  Regards
    JimP

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Filing emails by date from Outlok 2003
    « Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 03:16:22 AM »
    Why not just use the AutoArchive facility (if you're using Microsoft Outlook)?  Much easier.
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

JIMP

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 09:52:57 PM »
      Thanks Rob . This might just do me for now but I can only access them from Outlook - correct?  If for instance I wanted to give them to someone or travel away from my own computer I would have to cut and paste them onto say a USB Flash Drive and take them with me, which would leave me with the original problem of them not being filed by date, wouldn't it.  Or am I still missing something.  Regards  Jim

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
        • Me
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 05:48:27 AM »
      The archive.pst file that Outlook creates can be opened by other copies of Outlook elsewhere, so all you need to do is copy one file.  It preserves the original folder structure and details such as time/date and sender.  Unless you knew for a fact that Outlook was not going to be available wherever you were going, this is the method I'd use.  It is by far the most efficient.
      Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos