Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Websites not opening--onecare wont update becuase it wont go  (Read 2828 times)

moralesgh

Topic Starter

I know I have seen this before, but when I search there is no answers that match. I have a laptop, running XP, using wireless with windows onecare for antivirus. Recently, I my antivirus was not updated, and I noticed it would not go to the onecare support website at all, it just times out.
    I have been in the live chat of this site, and have installed AVG, SuperAntiSpyware, and run CCleaner. The computer has been restarted (multiple times) and none of this has helped. Another site affected is Kohls.com, which I rarely if ever visit, but I have been trying to go all week and it just times out there. The peeps on the live chat said to post in here cause they are stumped. I also went and checked my host file, and the original sample is still there. (registery is still directing to the right host also)

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Websites not opening--onecare wont update becuase it wont go
    « Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 09:30:50 AM »
    OneCare is being phased out....
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

moralesgh

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 04:27:17 PM »
      So you think that the AV is causing it not to go to webpages? I have AVG downloaded too. I turned it off and I can get to a few more sites, but still not to my main issues.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 04:51:27 PM »
      Travel Here...
      And follow the instructions for posting your logs...
      A bit tedious but well worth it.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "