Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Adobe Flash Player v10 not streaming properly  (Read 2937 times)

plandis7

Adobe Flash Player v10 not streaming properly
« on: June 20, 2009, 08:57:16 PM »
Is anyone else having any problems with Adobe Flash Player v10?  I installed it on both by desktop running Vista and my laptop running Windows XP and both are showing the same problem, that of not streaming videos properly.

When trying to view a video from the web, flash player will play for 2 or 3 seconds and then stop.  Sometimes it may stop for 5 to 10 seconds, then play another 2 or 3 seconds of video.  Other times it seems to be trying to stream the video but nothing happens after the initial 2 or 3 seconds. 

Because I am having the same problem with both computers, I was wondering if there was a problem with Adobe Flash Player v10 or not.  The only other thing I could think of is both computers are using a wireless connection to DSL access to the internet, and I am not certain if this would cause the problem I am experiencing.

Mulreay

Re: Adobe Flash Player v10 not streaming properly
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 03:32:08 AM »
Vista has inherent issues with adobe.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 12:29:36 AM by Mulreay »

techblue

Rookie
    « Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 10:43:14 PM »
    Was flash streaming working properly before you started using v10?
    I do recall that Flash Player 10 did have some issues when 1st released, perhaps try installing the latest version, if you already have then try going down to v9.

I had that issue once and that was my fix for it until a newer version of flash player with the proper fixes was released.

Mulreay

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 12:30:45 AM »
    Are the video's buffering whilst you are playing? Like on youtube?