Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Media Player broken link?  (Read 13913 times)

02bin3

Windows Media Player broken link?
« on: June 21, 2009, 02:43:46 PM »
Recently I put a Playlist together on Windows Media & when I tried to burn it I got the following message:

Windows Media Player cannot find the file. The link from the item in the library to its associated digital media file might be broken. To fix the problem, try repairing the link or removing the item from the library.

I clicked on the help button that accompanied this message & got this message:

To repair a link
Do one of the following:

If you deleted or moved the file, replace it to its original location.

Find the item in the library or List pane, click the blue icon beside the item, click Browse for this item, and then locate the file.

Well, there was no blue icon beside the Playlist, so I have no idea where to go from here.   What I did do was delete Windows Media (2 versions) from the Remove/Add list in Control Panel and then I downloaded a new version of Windows Media 11.  That didn't help.  I still got the same message when I tried to burn my Playlist again.  I've never had a problem with Windows Media Player before and I am quite puzzled as to what would cause the problem to begin with, even affecting a brand new download.  I have neither deleted nor moved any music files.  Wouldn't know how to move them except to drag them into a list to burn.

I was also wondering if any of you out there have had any experience with CDBurnerXP Pro 4.2.4. 1351 and if it was a program comparable to Windows Media Player?
                    Thanks.........

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Windows Media Player broken link?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 03:42:57 PM »
CDBurnerXP is an excellent program for burning music, and data CDs.

smiley

• Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 04:34:02 AM »
    I got the same error after transferring my music files to another hard drive. I fixed the problem by deleting the library, make sure you only put a dot in the box delete from library only and not the combined one which deletes your music off of your computer. When the library is empty then windows media player asks you if you want to add files and then say yes and navigate to the folder where you keep your files.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 08:29:05 AM »
    He's been gone for 3 years...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "