Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No Sound coming from speakers  (Read 2588 times)

ACAUG99

Topic Starter

Starter

No Sound coming from speakers
    « on: June 24, 2009, 08:44:15 AM »
    When I try to play an audio clip, I hear sound coming from the computer itself but not from my speakers.

How do I turn off the sound from the computer and play it through the speakers? I would still want the "Beep" to come through the computer if possible for new emails notification. Is there a way to leave that Beep or does all sound from the computer have to be turned off?

jerryheavyarms

Apprentice

• http://www.youtube.com/theoldpath
      • Bible insights by THE MOST SENSIBLE PREACHER OF OUR TIME.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: No Sound coming from speakers
    « Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 08:55:50 AM »
    Please post additional info,

hardware specs, OS
    "Most complex problems do have a solution. It is only that we don't attempt to think. So let's apply: Dont just do something, sit there."
    --Kuya Daniel Razon

Everything in this world will remind us of God, even every drop of a leaf from its stem will remind us of His glory. -Bro.Eli Soriano

ACAUG99

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 08:56:49 AM »
      We are using Vista, It's an HP compaq desktop computer.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 08:57:29 AM »
        ACAUG99,welcome to the Ch forums. The ability to hear sound from your speakers is most likely a function of choosing the proper settings from "my computer" "sounds and audio devices".Under the "volume" tab open the advanced and ensure that your levels are set appropriate to your chosen desires and that the speakers are not "muted". Also ensure that your speaker male connection plug is in the correct female location on the rear of the sound card on the computer.This should not affect the ability of you to still hear the various windows generated sounds even with your speakers not powered. hope this answers your question.truenorth
        P.S. This assumes a properly installed functioning sound card.

Quantos

Guru
        • Veni, Vidi, Vici
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 11:53:01 AM »
        It would also assume that the speakers work.  Is there a way for you to test them?
        Maybe with a walkman or discman?
        Evil is an exact science.