Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help! Unable to open any anti-virus software or programs...  (Read 3032 times)

IBNasty82

Topic Starter

For over a week now I have been unable to open any programs (says the files are too big) or any anti-virus software. I have Macafee Security installed but cannot open and cannot run Malwarebytes program to scan for what the virus is. Even in safe mode the programs will not open...I have read several threads that suggest running a program called Combo-Fix or HijackThis, but after downloading both, they won't open either...

When windows opens up I get an error message stating: "cannot find c:\WINDOWS\system32\msaoxmtw.exe"   It also says to remove it from my registry if not needed or something...Problem is I can't even run regedit to check my registry files because I get the same quick black box with a message referring to an "msgidixx.exe" file that also does not exist on my computer...

Any registry cleaner or spybot program I try to run will not work because they won't open...

Hope that wasn't too confusing but I have no clue what to check next and would appreciate any advice. Thanks/

IBNasty82

Topic Starter

Re: Help! Unable to open any anti-virus software or programs...
      « Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 08:41:58 PM »
      I forgot to mention I am running Windows XP...

Quantos

Guru
      • Veni, Vidi, Vici
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      Re: Help! Unable to open any anti-virus software or programs...
      « Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 09:19:29 PM »
      This forum is for virus support, I'm going to recommend that you post this there.

Evil is an exact science.