Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sims 3 - computer shuts down unexpectedly  (Read 13715 times)

figroll

Topic Starter

Sims 3 - computer shuts down unexpectedly
    « on: June 28, 2009, 01:23:03 PM »
    Hi,
    My son bought Sim3 yesterday and has played it continuously ever since on a Dell laptop running Vista.

His problem is that his laptop keeps shutting itself down......no warning....just shuts down.

Has anyone else experieneced this or have any advice?

Thanks

Posted on another thread that seemed to be similar but been asked to start a new thread

paudashlake

Hopeful

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: Sims 3 - computer shuts down unexpectedly
      « Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 01:32:30 PM »
      Yeah, we ask you to start new threads so you can get accurate information.  Now, my thought on your dell laptop shutting down is an overheating issue.  Most newer video games use loads of the computers resources, so the computer most likely is shutting down because of overheating.  What you can do is either check the fans on the laptop for dust and debris, and make sure it is on a flat surface, like a desk, so the fans can breathe.  Also, you could buy a laptop cooling pad, which can be bought at your local walmart, kmart, ebay, ect.  These cooling pads go on the bottom of your laptop and have fans that blow air on your laptop to keep them cool, along with the fans already in use on the laptop itself.  These usually cost roughly $20 and up and connect to the laptops usb.
      Hinkle Finkle Dinkle Doo.  AMEN!! 

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 11:27:46 AM »
      it is not an over heating issue. i have heard many people say they have the same problem with the sims 3 and they all have windows vista and none of them say their computers over heat. So again, it's a problem with vista and nothing else

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 11:31:43 AM »
      it is not an over heating issue.
      The Earth is a square!

Until more information is provided, we don't know what the problem may be. I have Sims 3 and it works perfectly on Vista.

jimbo8098

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 06:25:32 PM »
        yeah seems like a vista problem... try looking on microsoft for a hotfix

I am currently working for clicknetworks IT Support. Please feel free to visit our site at http://www.clicknetworks.co.uk

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        « Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 11:11:57 PM »
        yeah seems like a vista problem... try looking on microsoft for a hotfix

......   Don't you read through the topic before posting?

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
          • Yes
          • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 11:40:39 PM »
        OK, jimbo, I executed a search on the 'net regarding microsoft hotfix sims 3, and was directed to an nvidia page which talks about installing Service Pack 1 for Vista.

So, you wanna maybe help us out here, a little, or are you just going to keep using the Force to make your posts...  ???

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

acesupplz

Starter

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 10:16:56 PM »
          Hi all...I have a regular laptop...Toshiba...with Windows Vista for OS.  I too have recently been experiencing the problem where my laptop shuts down by itself with no warning.  At first I thought maybe my battery pack to it had overheated  (even though I was running on electric, like i always do), so I immediately turned on some fans nearby.  The problem is still ongoing.  If anyone has any suggestions on what the problem is and how to fix it I would be greatly appreciative.  I am an on-line poker player playing for real money and it is really annoying to be in the middle of a game and have your computer turn off.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • Yes
          « Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 10:23:35 PM »

acesupplz

Starter

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 10:33:27 PM »
            im new to this posting thing...was u replying to me?  if so...i read the link and i am clueless about some of the info u need me to provide.  i have a toshiba laptop, windows vista, im not getting any error message, my computer just shuts off on its own.  i do not know how RAM i have. I rarely surf the net to pick up any bugs...and i do have AVG and CCleaner. I have no idea what category of problem this would fall under, modem or hard drive or whatever.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
              • Yes
              • Yes
              • Yes
            « Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 10:38:24 PM »
            Acesupplz, post exactly what you have posted here, but in a new topic:

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php?action=post;board=16.0