Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer reboots during the night every night  (Read 17479 times)

steve_runner

Topic Starter

Rookie

Computer reboots during the night every night
    « on: July 07, 2009, 01:20:42 AM »
    For the last 2 weeks or so my computer reboots during the night. I don't see the BSOD it just reboots to my normal start screen.  When I check CCleaner I find these files:

C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP 2,046.0MB
    C:\WINDOWS\MiniDump\Mini070609-01.dmp 64.00KB
    C:\WINDOWS\MiniDump\Mini070709-01.dmp 64.00KB
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\wbemcore.log 2.34KB
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\wbemess.log 3.42KB
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\wmiprov.log 1.59KB
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\wbemcore.lo_ 64.07KB

I delete them and they are there the next day.

I've done a memory test and the memory passed with no faults.  I have AV and antispy software and run regular checks.  I haven't installed any new software/hardware recently.  I'm running Windows XP with SP3.   Apart from the reboot and the files in CCleaner the computer seems to be running fine.

Any ideas?

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Computer reboots during the night every night
    « Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 12:22:06 PM »
    I delete them and they are there the next day.
    Don't. Those files are needed for troubleshooting.

Open Windows Explorer.
    Navigate to: C:\Windows\Minidump folder.
    If you see any .dmp files, zip all of them, and attach zipped file to your next reply.
    Vista users. You may need to copy .dmp files, paste them into some other folder, or desktop, and zip them there.

steve_runner

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 01:42:05 PM »
      Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately I'm now away at work and won't be home for a week.  I'll check and post the files, if they are there, when I return.

Broni

Mastermind
        • Computer Help Forum
      « Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 01:43:31 PM »
      No problem :)

killerb255

Adviser
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 01:38:14 PM »
        You could also do this:

Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced tab -> under "Startup and Recovery" click "Settings." -> uncheck "Automatically restart." 

Now you'll get an actual Blue Screen of Death.  Post what the Blue Screen says (yes, even the gibberish).
        Quote from: talontromper
        Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.

steve_runner

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 02:28:55 PM »
          How would I do that?  Would it allow me to do a print screen while in BSOD?

pragma

Beginner

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 02:35:07 PM »
            No you can't do a print screen or anything else when the computer BSODs. The easiest way is to follow Broni's suggestion and post the dump files after a BSOD. Otherwise you'll have to use a digital camera or the low tech pen and paper approach.

steve_runner

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 01:51:36 AM »
              OK.  Back home.  Computer still doing the same, files attached.  It also will freeze now and again and the screen goes black for a second.  If you leave it the screen returns to normal and everything works.

Any ideas?

[attachment deleted by admin]

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
              • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
                • Yes
                • Yes
                • BC-Programming.com
              • Certifications: List
              • Experience: Beginner
              « Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 03:40:03 AM »
              Hmm, well, this would have been what  I expected; opened up and "!analyze -v" 'd it:

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  GRAPHICS_DRIVER_FAULT

This would also explain your screen going black for a second issue; that is windows recovering from a serious error (eventually you get the BSOD when it is unable to).

First thing I'd try, is to update/reinstall your video card drivers.

This could also be a RAM issue, so I would recommend burning memtest86 from here to a CD and booting from it, and testing your RAM as well.

If neither of these help, it could be a hardware failure with your video card.
              I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

steve_runner

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 05:00:21 AM »
                Thanks for that.

I've already run a memory test on the RAM and it came up ok.

I have a look at the video card driver and post back.

Steve

steve_runner

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 06:54:12 AM »
                  OK installed the latest video card driver.  Deleted the logs.

I'll monitor and report back

Thanks

steve_runner

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 11:20:02 AM »
                    Problem not fixed.  Was working away only Firefox open and the screen went black again.  Came back with the attached error message.  No memory dump files.

I've updated the video card driver - any ideas?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Broni

Mastermind
                      • Computer Help Forum
                    « Reply #12 on: July 15, 2009, 02:04:28 PM »
                    Actually, your error was caused not by your video driver, but watchdog.sys, which is legit Windows file.
                    Make sure, Windows updates are current.

Download HijackThis:
                    http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/tools/security_tools/hijackthis/download
                    by clicking on Download HijackThis Installer
                    Install, and run it.
                    Post HijackTHis log.
                    Do NOT attempt to fix anything!

NOTE. If you're using Vista, right click on HijackThis, and click Run as Administrator

Please download VEW and save it to your Desktop: http://images.malwareremoval.com/vino/VEW.exe

Double-click VEW.exe then under Select log to query, select (as appropriate):
                    Application
                    System

Under Select type to list, select:
                    Error

Click the radio button for Number of events
                    Type 20 in the 1 to 20 box
                    Then click the Run button.
                    Notepad will open with the output log.

In Notepad, click Edit > Select all then Edit > Copy
                    Reply to this post, click in the reply window and press Ctrl+V on your keyboard to paste the log.

steve_runner

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2009, 03:15:43 PM »
                      Thanks for the info:

I'm up to date on windows updates, latest one today..

Hijack log

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
                      Scan saved at 22:09:22, on 15/07/2009
                      Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
                      MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
                      Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
                      C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
                      C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
                      C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
                      C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
                      C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
                      C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
                      C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
                      C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
                      C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
                      C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
                      C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
                      C:\Program Files\a-squared Free\a2service.exe
                      C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
                      C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
                      C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
                      C:\Program Files\Common Files\Portrait Displays\Shared\dtsrvc.exe
                      C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
                      C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
                      C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
                      C:\Program Files\SPAMfighter\sfus.exe
                      C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe
                      C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
                      C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
                      C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
                      C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
                      C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe
                      C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
                      C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe
                      C:\Program Files\Portrait Displays\HP My Display\DTHtml.exe
                      C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
                      C:\Program Files\SPAMfighter\SFAgent.exe
                      C:\Program Files\Common Files\Portrait Displays\Shared\HookManager.exe
                      C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
                      C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
                      C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
                      C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
                      C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
                      C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
                      C:\Program Files\Weather Watcher\ww.exe
                      C:\Program Files\MegaSoundRecorder\Mega Sound Recorder.exe
                      C:\Program Files\Allway Sync\Bin\syncappw.exe
                      C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe
                      C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
                      C:\Program Files\RocketDock\RocketDock.exe
                      C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
                      C:\Program Files\Craft ROBO Controller\CRSSupervisor.exe
                      C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
                      C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
                      C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exe
                      C:\Program Files\BOINC\boincmgr.exe
                      C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Yahoo! Widget Engine\YahooWidgets.exe
                      C:\Program Files\BOINC\boinc.exe
                      C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
                      C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/ig?hl=en
                      R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
                      R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
                      R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
                      R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
                      R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
                      O2 - BHO: IE7Pro - {00011268-E188-40DF-A514-835FCD78B1BF} - C:\Program Files\IEPro\iepro.dll
                      O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
                      O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
                      O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll
                      O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll
                      O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.1.1309.15642\swg.dll
                      O2 - BHO: Google Dictionary Compression sdch - {C84D72FE-E17D-4195-BB24-76C02E2E7C4E} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\fastsearch_A8904FB862BD9564.dll
                      O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
                      O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
                      O3 - Toolbar: Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll
                      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
                      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe"  -osboot
                      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
                      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
                      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
                      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
                      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
                      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SkyTel] SkyTel.EXE
                      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
                      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AppleSyncNotifier] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleSyncNotifier.exe
                      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UVS12 Preload] C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel VideoStudio 12\uvPL.exe
                      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MediaFace Integration] C:\Program Files\Fellowes\MediaFACE 4.0\SetHook.exe
                      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
                      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe" /min
                      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DT HPW] C:\Program Files\Portrait Displays\HP My Display\DTHtml.exe -startup_folder
                      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
                      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
                      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
                      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SPAMfighter Agent] "C:\Program Files\SPAMfighter\SFAgent.exe" update delay 60
                      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
                      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
                      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
                      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
                      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
                      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
                      O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
                      O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
                      O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WeatherWatcher] C:\Program Files\Weather Watcher\ww.exe
                      O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Mega Sound Recorder] C:\Program Files\MegaSoundRecorder\Mega Sound Recorder.exe
                      O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Allway Sync] "C:\Program Files\Allway Sync\Bin\syncappw.exe" -m
                      O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
                      O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RocketDock] "C:\Program Files\RocketDock\RocketDock.exe"
                      O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
                      O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
                      O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
                      O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [DWQueuedReporting] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe" -t (User 'SYSTEM')
                      O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [DWQueuedReporting] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe" -t (User 'Default user')
                      O4 - Startup: BOINC Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\BOINC\boincmgr.exe
                      O4 - Startup: Yahoo! Widgets.lnk = C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Yahoo! Widget Engine\YahooWidgets.exe
                      O4 - Global Startup: Craft ROBO Status Supervisor.lnk = ?
                      O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
                      O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Google Photos Screensa&ver - res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\GPhotos.scr/200
                      O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
                      O9 - Extra button: IE7Pro Preferences - {0026439F-A980-4f18-8C95-4F1CBBF9C1D8} - C:\Program Files\IEPro\iepro.dll
                      O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: IE7Pro Preferences - {0026439F-A980-4f18-8C95-4F1CBBF9C1D8} - C:\Program Files\IEPro\iepro.dll
                      O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
                      O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
                      O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
                      O9 - Extra button: Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm
                      O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm
                      O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
                      O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
                      O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
                      O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
                      O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
                      O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (Installation Support) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper.dll
                      O16 - DPF: {406B5949-7190-4245-91A9-30A17DE16AD0} (Snapfish Activia) - http://www1.snapfish.co.uk/SnapfishUKActivia.cab
                      O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1221557494689
                      O16 - DPF: {A90A5822-F108-45AD-8482-9BC8B12DD539} (Crucial cpcScan) - http://www.crucial.com/controls/cpcScanner.cab
                      O16 - DPF: {D4323BF2-006A-4440-A2F5-27E3E7AB25F8} (Virtools WebPlayer Class) - http://a532.g.akamai.net/f/532/6712/5m/virtools.download.akamai.com/6712/player/install3.5/installer.exe
                      O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll
                      O18 - Filter: x-sdch - {B1759355-3EEC-4C1E-B0F1-B719FE26E377} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\fastsearch_A8904FB862BD9564.dll
                      O23 - Service: a-squared Free Service (a2free) - Emsi Software GmbH - C:\Program Files\a-squared Free\a2service.exe
                      O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus Scheduler (AntiVirScheduler) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
                      O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus Guard (AntiVirService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
                      O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
                      O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
                      O23 - Service: Portrait Displays Display Tune Service (DTSRVC) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Portrait Displays\Shared\dtsrvc.exe
                      O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate1c98aa11377ff2e) (gupdate1c98aa11377ff2e) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
                      O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
                      O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
                      O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
                      O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
                      O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
                      O23 - Service: NBService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
                      O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
                      O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
                      O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
                      O23 - Service: SPAMfighter Update Service - SPAMfighter ApS - C:\Program Files\SPAMfighter\sfus.exe
                      O23 - Service: Ulead Burning Helper (UleadBurningHelper) - Ulead Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe

--
                      End of file - 13659 bytes

View File

Vino's Event Viewer v01 run on Windows XP
                      Report run at 15/07/2009 22:11:40

Note: All dates below are in the format dd/mm/yyyy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      'Application' Log - error Type
                      Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 13:35:23
                      Type: error Category: 0
                      Event: 11 Source: crypt32
                      Failed extract of third-party root list from auto update cab at: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootstl.cab> with error: A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file. 

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 13:25:48
                      Type: error Category: 100
                      Event: 1000 Source: Application Error
                      Faulting application msfeedssync.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, faulting module msfeedssync.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, fault address 0x00001e54.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 13:22:51
                      Event: 1 Source: nview_info
                      The event description cannot be found.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 13:22:07

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 13:21:50

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 13:21:39

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 13:21:14

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 13:20:57

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 13:20:54

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 13:20:54

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 13:20:52

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 13:20:47

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 13:20:39

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 13:20:35

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 13:20:27

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 13:20:24

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 13:20:24

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 13:20:23

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 13:20:23

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 13:20:21
                      Event: 1 Source: swg

'System' Log - error Type
                      Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 20:14:01
                      Event: 7026 Source: Service Control Manager
                      The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:  sptd

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 20:13:28
                      Event: 4 Source: sptd
                      Driver detected an internal error in its data structures for .

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 18:24:33

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 18:23:33

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 18:13:29
                      Event: 108 Source: nv
                      The driver nv4_disp for the display device \Device\Video0 got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 13:37:53

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 13:37:02

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 13:31:40

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 13:31:02

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 13:06:19
                      Type: error Category: 102
                      Event: 1003 Source: System Error
                      Error code 100000ea, parameter1 8a7c1630, parameter2 8a766008, parameter3 bacd3cb4, parameter4 00000001.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 13:05:18

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 13:04:40

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 13:03:01

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 04:35:17

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 04:34:28

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 00:55:16

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 00:54:49

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/07/2009 00:49:39
                      Event: 108 Source: nv
                      The driver nv4_disp for the display device \Device\Video0 got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 14/07/2009 09:31:32
                      Event: 11 Source: Disk
                      The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk6\D.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 14/07/2009 09:31:32
                      Event: 11 Source: Disk
                      The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk6\D.

Hope that helps

Steve

Broni

Mastermind
                        • Computer Help Forum
                      « Reply #14 on: July 15, 2009, 04:31:25 PM »
                      Do you have Daemon Tools installed?