Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Live Mail cannot display emails  (Read 6513 times)

planman94

Topic Starter

Windows Live Mail cannot display emails
    « on: July 11, 2009, 04:30:06 AM »
    Whenever i open Windows Live Mail, i get a message saying 'folder could not be displayed' (see picture below) its nothing to do with low disk space or memory, it has never done this before and i've not installed any new software recently. Also it wont download my emails i just get an error message (see second picture below). What can i do to fix this, please help. Thanks.

[attachment deleted by admin]

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Windows Live Mail cannot display emails
    « Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 05:19:03 AM »
    Try temporarily disabling your Antivirus.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 05:20:58 AM »
    Also, is this the latest version? A lot of people are suggesting to update to the latest version. Just download the installer and choose Repair install.

planman94

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 05:55:28 AM »
      it was happening with the latest version, so i installed an older version and it was doing it with that too. oh and turning off my antivirus didnt fix it (btw i have AVG Free 8.5)

GlitchPC

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 06:18:31 AM »
      Has anyone Googled this Server error?  I did.  Clicked on the first two links here:  Google Results

Seems Microsoft may be experiencing some issues today...

GlitchPC

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 06:43:00 AM »
      Also...

You can try this:  If you're using Windows Live Mail to get your HotMail...which is what I can see from your images...you can try closing Windows Live Mail and log into your HotMail account.  You can then read and delete all your email from there...including anything in your Junk folders and Deleted Items folder.  Basically, you'll be cleaning up your Hotmail account via the web server.  Once this is done, log out of HotMail's web service, then try using your Windows Live Mail account, again, to see if you're still getting the same error.

It could be as simple as a single email from your HotMail account causing this issue.