Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I've been Hacked  (Read 3692 times)

TroyScotland

I've been Hacked
« on: May 28, 2005, 08:47:50 AM »
my msn has been hacked, i used it last nite,no worries now this morning it sayd i have an invalid username/password which is bull coz ive been using the same things for 5 years. it is now locked me and i cant retrieve the password rest thing becoz i cant remember the answer to my secret question...whihc is "my first car" and im sure thats not it becoz im only 16 now, therefore i wud be 11 then :-/

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: I've been Hacked
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 09:14:10 AM »
Well, some people might have cars at 11...  ;) lol  Anyway... Do you have any viruses or Spyware in your computer which could have changed your password?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 09:20:07 AM »
If your account has been stolen, there is nothing you can do. I do not believe that Microsoft claims any kind of responsibility regarding such issues. You are also going to have a hard time proving that it was actually stolen or that it belongs to you.

None the less, complete the following objectives:

• Scan for Viruses
  • Scan for Spyware
  • Scan for Trojan Horses

TroyScotland

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 09:55:47 AM »
i have got proof they ,came onto it last night and started talking to my contacts

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2005, 10:38:36 AM »
Insubstantial evidence.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2005, 12:11:55 PM »
    TroyScotland.. There is a trojan out there which is spread through MSN messenger .......which captures and sends back info on your username and password as well as your contact list .......
    So what I would suggest is to ......... Find and eradicate the trojan........Then setup a new msn user id and get on with life .........
    There really isnt much more you can do ........
    If you were able to trace the hacker .....report them to your ISP abuse department .

dl65
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

TroyScotland

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2005, 12:27:17 PM »
    Insubstantial evidence.

my friend has chat history - which is a record of our conversations. nah u dnt get it lol,its these guys from a town nearbye they abuse some1 on my contact list,,and hacked all there contacts, it isnt a trojan, its a group of guys doing it.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2005, 12:36:06 PM »
      TroyScotland........ " my friend has chat history - which is a record of our conversations. nah u dnt get it "  

I get it completely .........I also fully understand that a logfile is recorded ( if that feature is activated ) .........But what has happened here is that someone has obtained your friends username and password ( probably a so called friend ) and once they have that they just have to log on using that username ...........and they have all the contact info from your friends pc ....then they simply change the password ....and theres nothing you can do about it .

UNLESS you are able to identify them ......there isn't much you can do ...other than what has already been suggested

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
      « Reply #8 on: May 28, 2005, 12:37:43 PM »
      Ok... You know what I would do? FIrst, you seem to know where and possibly who these people are, so you can do things the peaceful way and report them to Law Enforcement, or you can do what I did to someone once, and go to where he/they are, and just teach them a lesson. It kind of reminded me of the exorcist... The person's head spun...  ;)  (Not to worry, no serious injuries were given to anyone)

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Raptor

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2005, 01:41:27 PM »
      Breaking News! Flame arrested for random acts of violence!

Flame after his unfortunate arrest. Is no man allowed to stand up for himself anymore?
      « Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 01:43:13 PM by Raptor »

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
      « Reply #10 on: May 28, 2005, 01:50:31 PM »
      Hey, that guy looks a little familiar!  ;)

[glb]Flame[/glb]