Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: laptop black screen  (Read 2677 times)

diddle

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

laptop black screen
    « on: July 24, 2009, 11:15:48 AM »
    when i power on my laptop i get power light,hdd light (stays solid green) but no image,also tried removing hdd to see if i can get into BIOS,still no image.

Mulreay

Re: laptop black screen
    « Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 11:23:41 AM »
    OK thanks for starting the new thread. It just helps us cover lots of different topics separately rather than jumbling them all together.
    First things first can we have more info on model, hardware and software please fella.

diddle

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 11:43:51 AM »
      no problem mulreay,fujitsu amilo pro v2030d,blue screened about 2 month ago managed to run chkdsk and swapped cpu fan all seemed ok,then lent laptop to a friend who told me laptop was hanging on 'windows is shutting down' and she was turning it off by holding the on/off button down ,only found this out when i was told of the no image on screen problem.

Mulreay

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 11:48:16 AM »
      You mentioned in the other topic that it was not the back light so can you see a grey sheen to your screen (poet and don't know it) when you power on. In other words power is getting to your screen?

Plus what is your OS please.

diddle

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 12:03:45 PM »
        no mr poet,the screen stays pure black and the OS is XP PRO

Mulreay

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 12:20:52 PM »
        How do you know it's not a backlight problem then just out of interest?

diddle

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 12:18:12 AM »
          hi mulreay,when it's a backlight fault you can see the image on the screen but it is dark,the backlight lights up the screen.

thanks for your help,I'm away for a week hopefully i will speak to you when i get back.