Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My computer won't pick up my graphics card, only integrated graphics. Help?  (Read 4938 times)

Corvidae

I recently bought a new computer specifically so I could play high end games; I'm not incredibly tech savvy and I'm sure you're all like me in the sense that when you get a new toy (ie, computer) you just want to play the crap out of it.
So, low and behold, I try and play one of my favourite games (Team Fortress 2) and the graphics are HORRENDOUS. I then find out that my computer is using integrated graphics- NOT the 100+ quid (UK currency haha) graphics card I bought.
I have literally exhausted EVERYTHING I can think of in order to get the thing to show up in my devices.
My motheboard is an ASRock Wolfdale 1333-GLAN/M and my graphics card is an ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB.

Please help, it's driving me crazy not knowing how to use my graphics card; also, the thing is inserted correctly into my computer :P

[EDIT] Also, I'm using Vista 32 bit!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 03:37:49 PM by Corvidae »

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
you need to disable the on-board graphics via your BIOS setup.

You also need to plug your monitor into the video card, rather then your on-board output.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
You also need to plug your monitor into the video card, rather then your on-board output.
This may be the main issue (:)) since most newer cards should disable on-board video automatically.

Also, driver installed?