Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Oblivion won't start on my vista computer...help please  (Read 3757 times)

Gnomestone

Topic Starter

Rookie

Oblivion won't start on my vista computer...help please
    « on: July 27, 2009, 04:40:02 PM »
    Installation worked fine, but I can't get Oblivion to start. Every time I try to start it, a black box appears in the upper left of my screen and then the screen flickers black a couple times and then it says "Oblivion has stopped working" and "Windows is looking for a solution". Then "A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly, windows will notify you if they find a solution".

My computer is only 2 weeks old and is a great computer and I ran a system requirements lab test and it said my computer would run Oblivion flawlessly. If you really need to know my specs, please tell me how I can acquire them.

Please help me thank you.

Mulreay

Re: Oblivion won't start on my vista computer...help please
    « Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 07:27:46 PM »
    Yeah we need more info on your system please. Go into control panel then system and maintenance then system. Your graphics card should show up in control panel under appearance and personalisation it should have a link with change resolution just click on that then the graphics card will be listed.