Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: laptop won't boot up, screen blank, no clicks, beeps or blinking cursor  (Read 2732 times)

Delem

Was using brand new lap top with universal power cord (dogs had chewed the original).  computer was working fine, was shut down fine last use (with universal power cord being used) Next time tried to boot up without power cord- nothing, with power cord still nothing. screen blank, no beeps. sent back to manufacturer, but was told that universal plug is at fault and therefore warranty does not apply. In researching, it looks like POST failure due to ? power supply cord.  What can I do to correct this? Did this cause something to burn out? If so- what?  Thanks

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    It seems that, according the manufacturer, voided the warranty by using a different power cord than what they want.   :P  Unfortunately for you if that cord was indeed the problem and it burnt out the motherboard then unless you can find some sympathetic soul to help you it the you are out of luck.   :-\

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!