Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Keyboard and Mouse pad don't function on a Acer Notebook  (Read 2645 times)

jjansse

Keyboard and Mouse pad don't function on a Acer Notebook
« on: July 31, 2009, 07:23:59 AM »
This new computer is an Acer Notebook.  The key board and mouse pad stopped working.  If we plug in a detached keyboard and mouse  it will function, but then it would be like having a desk top, rather than a Laptop.  Has anyone ever heard of this happening?  We sent it back once, and the company ( under warranty replaced the Mother board)  but it happened again and the same way.

Now heres the strange thing,  It happen exactly after he down loaded a Sprint wireless card to access the internet.  When it was repaired, he again put the Sprint wireless card , download the program, and when the program said, complete, not restart your computer to take effect,  once we restarted the computer, again the keyboard and mouse pad again does not work.  Does anyone know if Acer is prone to have problems?  I would of never purchased an unknown computer like Acer, but he won this notebook at his High school Graduation party, so we felt blessed......... or were we cursed?  Any ideas?  he's off to college in two weeks, and I dont want to spend another $ 60.00 dollars to ship it to mfg.

Quantos

Guru
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Keyboard and Mouse pad don't function on a Acer Notebook
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 01:19:20 PM »
I can understand your reluctance to spend money of shipping, but that's what warranties are for.  Does Acer not have a repair depot near you that you can take it to?

In my experience Acer is usually more reliable than that, is there a possibility that the wireless card is bad, or that the tech didn't know what he was doing and made a mistake?
Evil is an exact science.