Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My Dell is Dead: MS XP, No Power, No Lights, Nothing  (Read 1845 times)

lsbemail

My Dell is Dead: MS XP, No Power, No Lights, Nothing
« on: August 18, 2009, 03:54:59 PM »
I recently remodeled my home office.  The computer was moved into another room until the work was done.  Once completed, it was placed back into the office and reconnected.  I powered up and began working on a project.  I loaded a picture cd and after a few seconds the screen flashed.  It flashed again an the computer has not powered up since.

It is about 6 years old now and has had moderate use.  I had been keeping in on long hours before the move.  Is there any hope for my computer?  I forgot, and don't know if it matters, but it's a Dell.

Keeping my fingers crossed!
Be Blessed!

xavier

Re: My Dell is Dead: MS XP, No Power, No Lights, Nothing
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 04:36:19 PM »
 Check the power connections> replace the power cable>Replace the power supply if still dont work. When replacing the power supply use a supply of equal wattage or greater. Keep in mind that since the pc is a dell you might have to use that model.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: My Dell is Dead: MS XP, No Power, No Lights, Nothing
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 05:32:59 PM »
I agree with xavier, most likely it's the power supply.  If you're lucky it's generic, if not you'll have to get it from Dell.  Give us the model number of the Dell or the Service Tag number located on the back.