Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless Optical Mouse  (Read 4327 times)

Heather McIntyre

Wireless Optical Mouse
« on: June 07, 2005, 03:45:55 PM »
I bought a microsoft wireless optical mouse (2.0A) and it didn't come with a receiver of any kind. I have been trying for hours to find out if I need a receiver. I assume that I do because it isn't working. Can anyone help me??

Raptor

Re: Wireless Optical Mouse
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 04:02:23 PM »
As far as I know, there are two types of wireless mouses. And they both require receivers.

The difference lies in the way they are powered. One is powered via the mousepad and the other via batteries.

Is it a second hand wireless mouse?

Heather McIntyre

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 04:05:01 PM »
I bought it "brand new" off of Ebay. It is battery powered but I think I should have a receiver that plugs into the USB port or somethinng. Microsoft can't help me and I can't even find a web site where I could buy a receiver.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 04:07:06 PM »
What is the full name of the mouse you have bought?

« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 04:08:06 PM by Raptor »

Heather McIntyre

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 04:08:32 PM »
It is a Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0A Model 1008

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 04:16:48 PM »
I believe I have narrowed it down to either one of these:

Wireless Optical Mouse

Standard Wireless Optical mouse

Perhaps you are able to find the information you require on these product pages.

Computer_Commando

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 04:39:48 PM »
I bought it "brand new" off of Ebay. It is battery powered but I think I should have a receiver that plugs into the USB port or somethinng. Microsoft can't help me and I can't even find a web site where I could buy a receiver.

Screwed by eBay again (sorry!).
Microsoft says:  "...Wireless technology is straight forward: The keyboard and mouse transmit information to a receiver that is plugged into your computer..."

merlin_2

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 04:43:24 PM »
i rather see the stuff i am buying not a pic./description....rip off website....someone sold a piece of old rope.......that  was  found in the street.....and some wally bought it.....well i rest my case....or rope....

Raptor

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 04:56:32 PM »
Do you both have dissatisfactory experiences with Ebay, CC and Merlin?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 04:57:12 PM by Raptor »