Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Volume control  (Read 2398 times)

shimal

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Experience: Familiar
    Volume control
    « on: September 13, 2009, 04:13:46 PM »
    Hellow, Ive change my OS from Windows Vista to Windows Xp Pro and I got no sound now. I have tried to fix it for hours by googling and trying to find a solution. Ive downloaded plenty of softwares I found on guides from people to fix this problem but Its still not fixed.

I get the error "no active mixerunits are available. You can install this by..." Or something similar to that. Ive tried what the error says but with no success.

The only sound i hear is "BEEP" And its really annoying :(. Please help me :D

And i dont know what ...sound card i have. I only know its Audio-Codec

Thanks in advance.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Volume control
    « Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 04:18:02 PM »
    You need to install both the chipset driver and the driver for you sound card. You can download  and install Belarc Advisor (http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html) or Everest (http://www.lavalys.com/) to get a list of the hardware on your system.

shimal

Topic Starter

Rookie
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 04:02:44 AM »
      Thanks for the fast reply :D.
      I did use both of them but I couldnt figure out what kind of audio card I have.

Im missing a "PCI Device" and thought that could be whats causing this, I tried fixing it but its not working for some reason. Any Idea where I can download PCI Device?

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 05:42:22 AM »
      I don't know what you mean when you say you are missing a PCI device. Is this a genetic problem or do you see a message somewhere on your system?

And again, you need to install the chipset driver first - did you do that?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 06:08:35 AM »
      A missing PCI device means you DON'T have your MBoard chipset drivers installed...or there the wrong ones.
      And these should go first so address this 1st.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "