Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Front Page - publishing  (Read 3154 times)

chicagobears19

Topic Starter

Rookie

Front Page - publishing
    « on: September 25, 2009, 10:27:53 PM »
    I created a site using Front Page 2002 and the contact us and guest book pages are not working. I have installed front page extensions and the server company has said everything is working on their end. They suggested I try to republish those two pages in Front Page but I don't know how to do that. Can someone please let me know how I can publish my pages. If you have any other suggestions I'd be happy to hear those too!

chicagobears19

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Front Page - publishing
      « Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 08:40:31 AM »
      I figured out that I need to go to File --> Publish Web but when I do that "Publish Web" is grey, I cannot click on that option. Does anyone know how I can get this option to light up so that I can click it.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 09:11:29 AM »
      Change or add something to every page.
      Even adding a period.

chicagobears19

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 09:13:17 AM »
        I just tried that, it didn't work. :(

soybean

Genius
        • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 09:35:56 AM »
        I just tried your Contact Us page and it works.  Why do you think it does not work?  What do you expect to happen when someone clicks the Submit button? 

I then tried your Guestbook page and got this message:
        Cannot run the FrontPage Server Extensions on this page: "http://www.ashleyandrob.info/sign_our_guest_book.htm"

I'm using Firefox.

soybean

Genius
        « Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 09:43:28 AM »
        You might forget trying to use FrontPage to create your own original guest book and get coding for a guest book from some other source, such as http://www.a-free-guestbook.com/

soybean

Genius
        « Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 10:41:32 AM »
        By the way, chicagobears19, you can speed up the Wedding Party page by resizing your image files.  For example, the lower right photo on the page is being displayed at 150 by 100 pixels. Yet, you're using a huge 3264 x 2448 pix photo for it, and the file size is 2171063 bytes, just to display a very small picture.  A few other ones are also quite bloated in file size for the same reason. 

What to do?  Resize before putting the photo on the web page.  In other words, create a small photo of the actual size needed for the web page, from the original photo.  Of course, give the small photo a separate name and keep your original.  None of the picture on that page needs to be over 10KB in size.   

chicagobears19

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 04:32:32 PM »
          The contact us page does work! And I have no idea how! The last time I checked it didn't work and I haven't changed anything since. It shows it was submitted but I don't actually receive anything in my email...does anyone know anything about this problem? 

I'm still having trouble with the guest book...does anyone know what this means, "Cannot run the FrontPage Server Extensions on this page: "http://www.ashleyandrob.info/sign_our_guest_book.htm""

Thanks for the suggestions on the pictures, I'll change that!

chicagobears19

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 05:02:39 PM »
            I figured out the contact us page...the emails were going to my spam!! YAY!

Still can't figure out the guest book page. Wow, this is more work than it's worth.  :-\

soybean

Genius
            « Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 08:19:02 AM »
            This was suggested:
            You might forget trying to use FrontPage to create your own original guest book and get coding for a guest book from some other source, such as http://www.a-free-guestbook.com/