Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Files and settings wizard does not replace files and settings after re installat  (Read 2381 times)

bfm13

Files and settings wizard does not replace files and settings after re installation. of XP. After several tries I got a copy of FASTconv, a command line program, to extract the files. It has been a long time since I used a command line and the command is complex. I have set the command *censored* follows........ fastconv /V /S:source store /D:destination store /T:temp store /K

I got this from.....fastconv [/v] [/i:<files_to_include>] [/e[:<files_to_exclude>]] /s:<source_store> /d:<destination_store> [/t:<temp store>] [/k]

I left out the /I switch so all files in the Dir source store would be extracted.
I named the Dir. source store, destination store and temp store. When I run it I get instructions on usage and a command prompt  What am I missing?

midsail

Hopeful
    • Experience: Experienced
    Boy, u figure if MS  guru informs us this will work the they describe it. I'll rather take my chances with chisel and hammer. I ran into the same problem years ago.  Try this
    You just need to point it to the directory where the folder USMT2.UNC is. 
    Don't point it at the folder, just to the directory where that folder is
    located.  So for me it was F:\USMT2.UNC..... So I pointed it to the F:\     
    and it worked just fine.   Hope this helps.

PS
    Also make sure both FAST are the same version.