Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Fastest home built computer  (Read 4895 times)

james202428

Fastest home built computer
« on: October 09, 2009, 07:00:41 AM »
Hello i was wondering what is the fastest home buit computer you could make no a supercomputer what is the fastest home computer that would run windows and play games the fastest,    what would you build with limit less spending what is the highest ghz ram that you can have does a hardrive matter for speed??? graphics card what is the highest gb hardrive i heard of and seen 2tb hardrives for under 200$ and i heard that hitachi is plaining to make a 5 tb hardrive before 2010 and what is the highest ghz computer,     I seen one on ebay that was 5.33ghz

show me you dream computer. ghz ram hardrive. ect. with what's out there. right now
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 09:12:06 AM by james202428 »

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Fastest home built computer
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 09:52:42 AM »
Describing the fastest is not likely to happen as for the minute i would post this a faster solution would become available.

For speed however at this time, I would go with the best available Dual-Quad Core CPUs for 8 cores of processing, 32GB Ram so 4GB per core if you could balance it, solid state hard drives configured in an array to increase performance and for fastest read/write speeds, and for Gaming the best cards that would pair up as a SLI configuration. Motherboard would have to be top of the line to avoid bottlenecking.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 08:26:08 PM »
I wonder what the fastest car is.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 12:31:50 AM »

One of several articles HERE.

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"