Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I am computer illiterate and need help, my computer is loading very slow  (Read 4077 times)

cbogan19

I am very computer illiterate and need help. I tried reading some similar blogs but I am not sure if my computer have the same figures and software as the others. I need help, when I try to watch video's on youtube and things like that on my computer, it takes so long to load, it plays for about one minute then the load signal comes on again. How do I get rid of this program, so that I will be able to watch video's on my computer.

Vikram Varaprasad

Intermediate
    Re: I am computer illiterate and need help, my computer is loading very slow
    « Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 10:31:47 PM »
    1.First you check your pc for any viruses using updated antivirus software.
    2.Disable any unnecessary startup programs that load at startup time.
    3.Clean your pc by deleting unnecessary temporary files, cookies etc. and uninstall any unnecessary softwares installed in it.
    4. Defragment your windows drive.

This will improve your pc performance and reduces the booting time
    Vikram...

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 05:53:08 AM »
    How do you get rid of WHAT program?

1) Run a full scan of your system with BOTH your anti virus utility AND either MalwareBytes or Super AntiSpyware

2) Did this just start or has it always been this way?

3) Please post your system specs

Iharries

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 04:22:56 PM »
      First, check your computer for viruses and spy-ware. I use AVG  and Malwarebytes  (both free and low on cpu usage). After that, open "My Computer" and right-click on "C:" drive, click on properties. After that click on the "Disk cleanup" button. After that, click on the "Tools" tab and you'll see "error-check" and "system defrag". First do an error check (it will probably prompt you to restart your system to do a scan). After that do a system defrag (This program ultimately quickens the computers responses). After that open the "run" program by holding the "Windows" key and then press "R" key. Type in "msconfig" and hit the "enter" button. click on the "startup" tab and un-tick the programs you don't want loaded when you log on to the computer (This will ultimately allow the startup time and the speed of the computer to dramatically go up). If you're still not satisfied, I recommend a program that does all of this plus much more. It's called Tuneup Utilities 2009 ", The only thing is, it's not free. Good Luck!!! ;D