Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Micron PC ?  (Read 3188 times)

Myron

Micron PC ?
« on: October 14, 2009, 05:00:48 AM »
I got a used PC and just learned it is from a company called Micron. I checked their website but they don't manufacture PCs only parts. How can this be? If possible, I'd like to download an instruction manual. The model is D8456RG-001. I think it's from 2002 as that's when Windows XP was loaded.

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Micron PC ?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 05:37:02 AM »
Micron stopped making pc's years ago. I used to use their systems and they were pretty good. It's probably the same company you found on the web - contact them and see if they can help.

Myron

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 08:42:50 AM »
Yes, it is a good machine but as you see I need a manual to help me set-up. I tried to contact them but they have no e-mail for their PCs as they no longer manufacture them.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 08:53:47 AM »
One suggestion i'll make ....try and determine who makes the motherboard and see if you can track down an Owner's Manual for that...
That should contain most of the info needed...

Does this machine run ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Myron

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 08:56:57 AM »
Yes, it runs fine until today when it froze while trying to download an MSN Toolbar. It was loaded with Windows XP in 2002 and it is very fast although the volume even at maximum setting, is hard to hear.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 09:28:00 AM »
If it runs then DLoad install and run Everest Home on it....
Save the report of the computer summary scan as a text file and post it here so we know what's in that machine...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "