Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Anyone have a problem coming out of hibernation with W7? On a macbook pro?  (Read 3619 times)

mklear

Topic Starter

• I am the owner of StudentNerds
    Anyone know why I would be having problems coming out of Sleep and Hibernate sometimes with my MBP running Windows 7 RC?  It also seems very random when it happens.  There is no particular time when it happens, and it doesnt happen every single time.

[Saving space, attachment deleted by admin]
    Michael Klear
    Owner of StudentNerds
    [email protected]
    Be part of the best computer nerds around the world!!

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    I've always said that Sleep & Hibernation are problematical on many systems (not all). You are much better off setting the power options to power down the hd & display after a defined period of time.

mklear

Topic Starter

• I am the owner of StudentNerds
      The only thing that makes me mad is I ran XP for atleast 2 years on it and never had any problems with sleep/hibernate, why would it be different with W7?  Could it be the hardware on my MBP is a little dated compared it the recommended specs.
      Michael Klear
      Owner of StudentNerds
      [email protected]
      Be part of the best computer nerds around the world!!

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      No idea. MS actually never fully perfected Sleep or Hibernation and the problems show up at different times on different systems for different people. However, using the method I suggested above is actually "better" for your system in that it uses fewer resources than sleep or hibernation - and it's problem free :)

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      Agreed.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

iamtonsoffun247

Apprentice

I had similar issue with hibernation with Windows 7 RC. On a thoshiba laptop, it would come abck on, but then freeze in the next min or so.