Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IE8 & Firefox Being Blocked by Kaspersky 2010  (Read 4155 times)

lino124

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    IE8 & Firefox Being Blocked by Kaspersky 2010
    « on: October 21, 2009, 12:54:38 PM »
    Hey everyone!

Is anyone of you using Kaspersky 2010 Internet Security on XP SP2, running IE8 and Firefox Gecko/Firefox/3.5.3? Well I'm and I'm having some problem. When i open firefox i get a blank page and IE8 says page cannot be displayed.

After carefully following the troubleshooting steps on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956196 i discovered that Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 is blocking these application, so i decided to stop all the service of Kaspersky, i stopped running it and both browsers are working just fine.

I just wanted to find out a way for kaspersky 2010 to allow these browsers without blocking them, i tried and did not get anything.

Vikram Varaprasad

Intermediate
      Re: IE8 & Firefox Being Blocked by Kaspersky 2010
      « Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 02:12:28 AM »
      Isn't there any exceptions tag in your antivirus program. If present then add those browsers in that. It'l allow them. I'm thinking that the anti virus will block the browers that whenever you are connecting to the internet any attack had been taking place into your system.... so it did.
      Vikram...

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 06:29:46 AM »
      The forums at Kaspersky.com are great. They respond very quickly and they know their stuff.

lino124

Topic Starter

Intermediate
        « Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 07:04:20 AM »
        Yes it has the exceptions tag, i tried adding both browsers there, and it still blocking them.
        But i will just as Allan suggested. I take a quick survey on kasp website.

Vikram Varaprasad

Intermediate
          « Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 11:03:25 PM »
          Go ahead........ always the authors give the better solution.
          Vikram...