Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Malware and Safe Mode problems, PLEASE HELP!  (Read 2219 times)

Khodadad

Malware and Safe Mode problems, PLEASE HELP!
« on: October 23, 2009, 04:14:23 AM »
Ok, I am having several problems, but the fact that I cannot load windows now is the most important one. I have to say what happened first though.

I was (and am) having trouble with this Antivirus System Pro virus that is going around. I tried many things, including Malware Bytes (which was not allowed to run by the virus) and I also tried removing it manually (deleted the iehelper.dll and the registry entries), but the problem persisted. I tried restarting in the Safe Mode by pressing F8 as usual, but it did not work. It would start in the normal mode however.

But here I made a mistake I guess. In order to get into the Safe Mode, I went to msconfig and chose the /safeboot option under the BOOT section. Now, the computer tries to boot in the Safe Mode, but it cannot, and when I choose the "normal startup", it again tries to the Safe Mode and obviously fails.

I can get into some manner of "command prompts" (by going to the "HDD recovery" mode and it gives me a prompt). But I don't know how to remove the *censored* /safeboot option from there so I can at least start in the normal mode. Can someone please help?

midsail

Hopeful
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Malware and Safe Mode problems, PLEASE HELP!
    « Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 07:13:50 PM »
    Do u have a windows CD? If u do boot from it and try Recovery Console. If u don't see if u can borrow one.
    Follow this link
    http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000465.htm

Read this article for some very good information. It might be that u just need to:
     Misconfiguration with the boot.ini file
     Corrupt boot sector / master boot record

Write back and let us know.