Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: If I install Windows 7, can I bring back Vista using System Recovery?  (Read 3332 times)

sanjula

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

If I install Windows 7 on my computer which only has 1 hard drive, is it possible to after use System Recovery (press F11 when the computer is starting up) to go back a few days. Will this put my computer back on Windows Vista or no?

P.S. - How can I set-up a dual-boot between Vista and 7?

Griff

Intermediate

• Experience: Expert
      Re: If I install Windows 7, can I bring back Vista using System Recovery?
      « Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 01:53:44 AM »
      No. When you install Windows 7. all of the parts that made Vista run will be removed and replaced by 7. Doing a system restore will not bring you back to Vista.

Here is a good guide to help you set up a dual boot.

http://www.techspot.com/guides/143-dual-boot-windows7/
      Don't forget to give thanks if I was able to help ya! Please?

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 05:57:16 AM »
      You can, however, create an image of your drive with a utility such as Acronis True Image (or other free options like Paragon). Everyone should use disk imaging software. It will take a "snapshot" of your drive and allow you to restore that image any time in the future.

dlx

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 01:25:17 AM »
        what is the model of your pc? i think you have an hp by mentioning the F11 thing i maybe wrong.
        when you go to "my computer" do you see the recovery drive listed? if yes you can do a system recovery.
        i have an hp laptop dual boot vista and 7 and the hp recovery drive is still listed in my computer because i did not format the HDD but if you formated your HDD im sure its gone.

Allan

• Mastermind
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 05:43:00 AM »
        You are responding to a post that is 6 months old.