Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Brother finally releases drivers for Windows 7  (Read 3060 times)

GoTTi

Topic Starter

Rookie

Brother finally releases drivers for Windows 7
    « on: November 06, 2009, 10:19:49 PM »
    incase some of you might have been having issues with your brother printers, MFC printers, so on not loading on Win7 with the Vista drivers, well Brother released the drivers and full software packages for what looks like all Brother Printers and Hardware.

Check out http://www.brother-usa.com/Support/?WT.svl=support for your driver incase you haven't gotten it yet

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Brother finally releases drivers for Windows 7
    « Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 09:07:14 AM »
    I have a Brother MFC-790CW installed with Win 7 RC.  In my case, Win 7 installed a driver without me using CD or downloading anything.  I was surprised to see that. 

But, thanks for posting that info.  It may be helpful to folks trying to install certain models of Brother printers. 

GoTTi

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 10:12:59 AM »
      ya it installs the driver, but not the software, the control center 3 wasnt compatible on win7 before release, so you wouldnt be able to scan docs and so on...well mine was a scanner issue, so i just waited for the software release. but ive always been able to print

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 10:26:12 AM »
      Ah, you're quite right about that.  I can print from Win 7 but do not have all features that the full software installation provides, which I do have installed on my Win XP system and my Vista laptop. 

I went to Brothers site and found the Full Driver & Software Package for my model for Windows 7.  Thanks again for the info.

Edit: to change URL in link.