Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Stuck on blue hp logo screen  (Read 3889 times)

marvin_313

Topic Starter

Stuck on blue hp logo screen
    « on: November 12, 2009, 04:58:50 AM »
    I recently did a fresh install of windows xp on my hp pavillion a1000n and everything was working great but when i turn off the computer and try to turn it back on it gets stuck on the hp logo screen and i cant do anything but to manually turn it back off, problem is it keeps doing it over and over untill i disconnect the cable from the power supply then connect it back and then turn the computer on.

So i thought it was the power supply and i changed it...but sadly it keeps doing the same thing.

Any suggestions??
     i would really apreciate any opinions.
    thank you.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Stuck on blue hp logo screen
    « Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 05:42:00 AM »
    Well, it certainly sounds like a hardware problem. I'd run a diagnostic on the ram, video card, hd, etc. You can start by booting to the Recovery Console and running chkdsk /r. Then you can download memtest (or something similar) for the ram.

marvin_313

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 10:51:54 PM »
      Thanx a lot for your help...however i already removed the pci cards tested the ram even changed the ram, changed hard drive ran chkdsk /r...and for some reason it still gets stuck on the hp screen.
      im thinking, since i already checked everything else that is either the mobo or the processor...but i was wondering if theres any way to check these two so that i know which one to change.

any help is much apreciated.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru

mroilfield

Mentor
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 09:25:18 AM »