Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 2000 Bootup requires domain logon  (Read 2930 times)

ImnoGuru

Topic Starter

Adviser
  • The wonders of modern technology.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Windows 2000 Bootup requires domain logon
    « on: November 12, 2009, 07:54:14 PM »
    Hello and thank you for reading my thread.

I apologize, I think I posted this in the wrong forum. I have reposted this in Windows 2000 help forum. Could a moderator please delete one of these posts. Thank you.

My AMD Athalon has a 250 gig seagate drive in it, and has 500 meg of ram. The O/S is Windows 2000, service pack 3. I use it at home for personal use.

I have made this computer a single drive. It had other drives in it but I have taken them out to isolate the problem I have.

When I start up the computer, I am faced with a logon screen, that says "Logon Message" (in a box)
    "The system cannot log you on because the domain MARKS250GIG is not available."

It wont accept my passwords that I thought they should be.

I actually removed all the passwords for log-on because there were no other users about for this comnputer except myself.

Can someone please direct me as to how I might get my computer running again?

I am currently trying to set up another drive to be the master and have the 250 gig as a slave.

Thank you ImnoGuru.

Sorry I meant to put in Windows 2000 as the operating system not pro.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 04:58:20 AM by ImnoGuru »
    It takes 15 years to become an overnight success & Windows 10 will add another 10 years to it.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Windows 2000 Bootup requires domain logon
    « Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 06:19:54 AM »
    Was this a used drive from another machine ? ?
    If so i would wipe it clean and re-install Win2K for a fresh start...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

ImnoGuru

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • The wonders of modern technology.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Windows 2000 Bootup requires domain logon
      « Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 08:59:39 AM »
      Thank you again patio for your reply.

The 250 Gig was a brand new drive with a clean install of windows on it. The idea was to back up all the data on the other two drives (20 Gig and 80 Gig)  onto the the 250 Gig drive, then delete both the 80 and 20 gig drives; eg remove them from the tower.
      Other things happened in life and I hadn't been able to allocate the time to getting that done. So far I still haven't got that done as I have a different issue with the other two drives. ( I think the house was hit by lightening during the recent storms we had here in Australia.)

Now another problem has presented in the 20 gig drive. When I went to start the 20 gig drive as a stand alone master drive, I got the BSOD with hal.dll needs to be reinstalled (I have another post relating to this)
      So I need to reinstall that file before I can transfer the data as planned.

It takes 15 years to become an overnight success & Windows 10 will add another 10 years to it.