Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Student in crisis - Windows won't work unless in safe mode!  (Read 2484 times)

ChunkyMonkey

Student in crisis - Windows won't work unless in safe mode!
« on: November 13, 2009, 06:04:25 AM »
I have a Toshiba Satellite L300-1AS laptop and have got windows vista home premium service pack 1. I have recently had trouble with my computer when it restarts, it will load up to the point just before you have to input your password and then will come up with an error message saying 'Windows visual studio c++ 2005 has requested to be terminated in an unusual way' and then won't load any further. For some reason it seems to be linked to when i updated my iTunes when the version before the current one came out as I have tried loading it up in safe mode and for a while i managed to get my computer to work by system restoring it to a point before I updated iTunes. This was fine for a week or so but now the system restore doesn't go back far enough and so doesn't work, however i have not reinstalled iTunes since. I'm pretty stumped as to what else to try so I was wondering if anyone else has ever had a similar problem?

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 06:40:46 AM by ChunkyMonkey »