Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mouse functionality issue  (Read 2349 times)

seeki914

Topic Starter

Mouse functionality issue
    « on: November 22, 2009, 04:44:14 PM »
    I originally had a MX1000 mouse for about a year or two and the connectors oxidized too much to stop it from charging.  Today I went to go buy a replacement mouse and purchased a Deathadder made by Razer.  When I attempt to connect this mouse, the computer sees it and recognizes it as a Razer however displays a yellow ? next to it due to it not seeing the drivers.  I then downloaded the drivers off of the website for my mouse, however using the hardware manager was unable to install them for the mouse.  I then attempted to run the .exe file and direct my hardware viewer to there for the drivers, however none of the driver files there seemed to work either.  Any ideas what to try next?  Running windows XP pro SP3 32 bit.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Mouse functionality issue
    « Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 04:46:22 PM »
    1st remove any Logitech software in ADD/Remove...
    Then right clik the mouse in Device Manager and select Remove/Uninstall.
    Re-boot.
    You should now be able to install the software.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 04:46:49 PM »
    The correct way to install the driver is by running the setup.exe file, not by using hardware detection. If you downloaded the correct driver it probably needs to be unpacked (.zip or similar) and then there should be a setup.exe file. You should also uninstall the Logitech driver

seeki914

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 05:09:57 PM »
      I can't seem to find a logitech driver to uninstall :/.  i've also just uninstalled the razer drivers again and am sitting here with a powered down PC with to my knowledge no mouse drivers on it, any idea how i should proceed here?

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 05:49:47 AM »
      1) Download the driver for the mouse
      2) Run the setup.exe file