Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop: Volume up/down/mute using the function key not working  (Read 2654 times)

LizzieP

Laptop: Volume up/down/mute using the function key not working
« on: December 08, 2009, 11:19:19 AM »
I'm working on a Lenovo 3000 c100, and running Windows XP. I have all the service packs up and running, my virus scanner and firewall are up to date, and I've already run a virus scan.

I know it's not a problem with any of the keys, because all the other function option keys still work (Example: I can still use the function key to adjust the screens brightness), and the keys that host the function options still works. (Example: The volume up function option is on the f1 key, and the f1 command still works if pressed, but the volume up command does not).

The only exception to this is that they work if the volume control panel it open.

I've run out of ideas of what is wrong with it, and I don't really want to dig through my system and possibly make things worse without knowing what I'm doing, so I've decided to ask you guys.

If I've left out any information that could be useful, let me know and I'll be glad to fill it in.

Thanks in advance.

neelchauhan

Re: Laptop: Volume up/down/mute using the function key not working
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 11:32:17 AM »
There is some icon in the bottom right of the screen which you can use.