Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Harmonics (Conexant) CX2388x Asus Blackbird TV Card  (Read 22831 times)

Dead Reckon

Harmonics (Conexant) CX2388x Asus Blackbird TV Card
« on: December 10, 2009, 03:50:51 AM »
I've tried to get this TV tuner/capture card (Its an Asus of some sort, I cannot find a model number on it, its out of some HP pavilion) to work with several desktops but I cannot get it to work with the HP drivers and several types of video capture freeware I have tried. I do not know if it is the drivers, if it is an unsupported card in the software, or possibly both and several other things.

I am running Windows XP Pro on the following system:

Core 2 Duo E4500 2.2GHz (OC'd to 2.8GHz), which surprisingly doesn't break 135F under load, 82F idle. Massive Tuniq Tower 120 heatsink... Its an abomination but it does the trick.   

4GB (3.5 visible, 500MB ate by the GPU by force, not that it really helps, the 8500 is a piece of crap, not even a paperweight as its heatsink is nearly useless) of RAM

nVidia (MSI) 8500 GT 512MB PCI-E 16x 1.0 GPU

160GB SATA300 and 320GB ATA100 western digital drives

MSI P6N Diamond (MS-7320) LGA775 nVidia 680i motherboard

And of course, that bothersome Harmonics (Conexant) CX2388x TV Card which I cannot get to work.

I can tell you, for a fact that the capture card is seen by windows, and even what bus its on (through Everest), but that doesn't really matter, what I want to know is if someone knows of something other than the typical lot of software and OS's dedicated to this (Mythbuntu for one is off the list, I am not a fan of Linux nor am I willing to dual-boot, and it does not seem compatible with this card). And if they know of a driver to get it working. I'll try to get more info about the card from the guy who gave it to me. I'm hoping I can set it up to record output from the DirecTV box's S-Video out, all I'd have to do is set it to record at X time, and set the DirecTV box to "Autotune" at X time.

So, any ideas?

For the record, the card shows up as two devices, these two:

Harmonics (Conexant) CX2388x TV Card
Harmonics (Conexant) CX2388x Video Capture (MK3)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 08:45:32 PM by Dead Reckon »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Harmonics (Conexant) CX2388x TV Card
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 07:31:22 AM »
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Dead Reckon

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 03:18:28 PM »
I'll try that, I haven't been online in the past few days or I'd have tried this then, I'm hoping it works. I can route the audio into the Line In... I think.. Guess I'll see, if that works I'll have to make a cable. I only have one RCA to 3.5mm cable.

Dead Reckon

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 03:20:34 PM »
No go, the driver just gives me the poorly translated error message "The device does not support.". Thanks for the help though, I've tried so many drivers trying to get this thing to work. I hate hardware out of box machines, never any driver support. Anyone else got any ideas?

For the record, I asked about this card before, the topic can be found here:

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,85626.0.html

I was trying to get it to work in a separate media center rig, which I may try to do again. If I can round up enough parts...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 03:35:49 PM by Dead Reckon »

Dead Reckon

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 08:44:53 PM »
I was able to get in touch with my friend, he had the card's driver backed up on... a tape drive... Some 40GB tape drive he use to back up things on regularly... Evidently at some point several years ago he was given a tape drive reader with a load of tape drives ranging from 20-40GB.

I got the card working, tested it with VirtualDub, but, now I just need freeware capture software, anyone got any idea's? Oh, found out the card is an Asus Blackbird. Even if you can't help, thanks anyway.

dadjlh

Re: Harmonics (Conexant) CX2388x Asus Blackbird TV Card
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 11:12:24 AM »
I need this driver, also. Could you post it somewhere or send to my e-mail?
Thanks.

Dead Reckon

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 11:23:02 AM »
Sorry, haven't logged on in a week, sure, I can try to set something up when I find where I saved the driver. PM me you're email on here and I'll mail you the driver when I find it, it's somewhere in my Installs and Archives folder.

cstitt

Beginner

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 12:20:12 PM »
    I had a similar problem and found my drivers thru driverguide.

http://www.driverguide.com/

Hope it will help you