Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: dvd drive not reading dvd installation disc.  (Read 2115 times)

JessicaNeelio

dvd drive not reading dvd installation disc.
« on: December 10, 2009, 09:23:06 AM »
Hi
i'm using mac pro 2.66 Quad core with 3 GB memory.
my optic drive is : OPTIARC DVD RW AD-7170A.

i'm trying to install logic pro but when i insert the dvd installation disc it spits it back out after 20-30 sec..
i've 8 discs of installation and non of them is readable.

when i put regular dvd or cd i have no problem.

also, i have a macbook pro and when i insert the dvd installation disc its ok and can be read by the optic drive.

anyone have an idea of what to do or get across by the same problem and fix it?
thanks

truenorth

Guru

Re: dvd drive not reading dvd installation disc.
    « Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 04:16:25 PM »
    As an apple owner but far--far from being an expert: there seems to be a couple of factors that are necessary to know before the question you ask can be answered. \1.What is the O/S?
    2.What version of logic pro are you trying to install?
    Just to start you off here is a very general topic link from Google. maybe once the 2 questions i have brought up are factored in your answer may be contained somewhere within the link. Good luck.
    P.S. it was on the tip of my fingers to advise posting this question on the "apple" forum--except that i have been there a few time (not lately) and it is almost useless to go there as there does not really appear to be a great deal of apple types on the CH forums. You might want to actually try an exclusive apple forum. Not that i want to have you leave us here on the CH forums. But we do have limitations. truenorth
    http://www.google.ca/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GZHZ_enCA241CA241&q=how+to+install+logic+pro+on+a+mac+pro%3f