Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to download emails from Yahoo paid webmail folders to Outlook 2003?  (Read 4926 times)

bumper99

Topic Starter

Starter

Hi,

I have set up MS Outlook 2003 for my Yahoo email account (Paid) and it is working fine and am sending and recieving messages but it is downloading only the messages in Yahoo mail account "Inbox" and and is not downloading any of the pre-existing emails in the folders set up in Yahoo mail :'(. I have used filters to route and organize the email to specific folders in Yahoo mail and I do not want to disable these filters as I might be using Yahoo web interface from time to time and want to use Outlook regularly. So in short, how do I download messages from the Yahoo webmail folders too to my outlook without disabling the filters in Yahoo email? PLEASE DO NOT GIVE ME THE BASIC OUTLOOK SET UP INSTRUCTIONS FOR YAHOO ACCOUNTS AS I'M NOT LOOKING FOR THAT AND LOOKING FOR ANSWERS MUCH BEYOND. (Please do not misunderstand the CAPS for shouting, I'm just emphasizing)
    Let me know even if there is any SAFE 3rd party software which can do that too?

Thanks much and appreciate your help in advance!!

Regards
    B

Salmon Trout

Re: How to download emails from Yahoo paid webmail folders to Outlook 2003?
    « Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 07:56:54 AM »
    Caps is still shouting. Try YPOPS! (That is its name. I am not shouting!)

bumper99

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 08:10:28 AM »
      Thanks! but will it download the emails sitting in the webmail folders too into outlook?

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 08:35:49 AM »
      YPOPs! can fetch mail from the Inbox, Bulk mail folder and custom Yahoo! Mail folders.

bumper99

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 08:41:44 AM »
        Thanks much! I tried to google Ypops! and went to a website filled with some malware and it started to scan mycomputer etc. Do you know a safe website from where I cand ownload this without any spyware/malware attacks?

Salmon Trout

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 08:50:23 AM »
        Well, I saw it here, and this site didn't try anything bad

http://ypopsemail.com/

soybean

Genius
        • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 10:54:33 AM »
        Or, get Yahoo! Mail Plus for $19.95/yr.

Edit: Oops, sorry, I see you have Yahoo! Mail Plus.  Looks like YPOPS would be worth trying. 

bumper99

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 02:45:58 PM »
          Hi,

I have yahoo store email and hence it's a paid version. As of now Yahoo doesn't have any functionality to download the emails in sub-folders to outlook. I have spent few hours to make Oukook work in conjunction with Ypops! but was left unsuccessful. Look slike Ypops! developers stopped working on Ypops!.

incoming mail server is: pop.bizmail.yahoo.com
          Outgoing mmail server is: smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com

As per Ypops! instructions I have changed both of them to 127.0.0.1 in outlook and also selected 127.0.0.1 under "Network" tab in Ypops! but no success.

My outlook failed to work with the above settings and once I change them back to the original (pop.bizmail & smtp.bizmail) it works.

Please let me know if you have any ideas on how to configure Outlook and Ypops! so that they both can talk to eachother and work in conjunction.

Thanks
          B!

soybean

Genius
          • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 04:41:13 PM »
          Any chance of switching to gmail?  It can be configured for POP and/or IMAP.  I've experimented a bit, setting up IMAP and synchronizing the email messages between gmail and Outlook Express.  I've observed that, if I create a new folder in gmail and create a folder of exactly the same name in OE, I can tell OE to Synchronize and it works.  The contents of the online folder and the folder in OE will be matched.