Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor display  (Read 1917 times)

HamaDecloud

Topic Starter

Starter

Monitor display
    « on: December 19, 2009, 02:55:54 AM »
    I am useing a 27" 720p Polaroid flat screen television as my computer monitor for the time being but while browseing the internet I am missing a portion of my screen that should be displayed on the right and bottom of my screen. Example: If I am attempting to play a game on virtualnes.com I bring a game up even in the small like 6x6 screen it gives me to play on say I play battle chess I am missing the majority of the right squares and the bottom squares.Example2: I am missing a small portion of this screen I am on right now.

I am familiar with some things on computers so I am thinking its possibly a problem with the windows((internet windows)) screen ration or something, not sure though. Be very greatful for some help. Thanks.
    « Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 03:16:25 AM by HamaDecloud »

EEVIAC

Re: Monitor display
    « Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 06:24:20 AM »
    1.  Could you give the make/model of the computer

2.  Have you tried reinstalling and/or updating the video driver..

HamaDecloud

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 04:00:32 PM »
      It's a 27" 720p Polaroid.

And I dunno how to reinstall/update a video driver

EEVIAC

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 05:08:59 PM »
      To uninstall/reinstall the video driver in Vista do this:

Click START, type "device manager", when dev. manager appears in the menu, click on it to open it...  When it displays your list of hardware, click on the "+" sign next to "display adapters", right click on the item in the submenu, click "uninstall" and restart the computer. NOTE: if there is more than one item in the submenu, please tell me........Upon restarting, Windows will reload the driver for you.  Try browsing again and see if the problem is corrected.  If not, repeat the steps I just said, except do not click on "uninstall", click on "update"... and let Windows go out on the Internet to look for an updated driver for your video..

Also, you gave me the make/model of your TV  :)     I need the make/model of the computer that the TV is attached to....   And if you have added a video card to the computer since you bought it, I'll need the make/model of that too... 

HamaDecloud

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 08:15:57 PM »
        Oh I apologize lol. The computer is a Dell/inspiron.530? IntelCeleron? lol. I believe that's the info your looking for.

EEVIAC

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 08:21:35 PM »
        So did reinstalling/updating the video driver help?
        « Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 08:34:31 PM by EEVIAC »